Mommy of two wanting a healthier life for all of us

CathrynAlicia
CathrynAlicia Posts: 2
edited September 25 in Introduce Yourself
I'm Cat, I'm 22, I've been married for 4 years to my best friend and have two wonderful babies. A 3 year old boy named Ethan and a 6 month old girl, Charlotte.

I have been overweight for a long time, and more so since having babies. My goal is to lose 45 pounds by the time my husband and I renew our vows this September. I want to get into shape so that my kids will see how important it is that they take care of their health.

I want my kids to know that living a healthy lifestyle is worth every ounce of effort.

*I also want to look good in the Alice in Wonderland costume I'll be wearing for our themed vow renewal* ;)

Replies

• calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    You go girl! You have come to the right place and I'm sure you'll love it here. I'm older than you are but I did marry at 22 yrs of age. You sound like a cool mom! Welcome!:drinker: :smokin: :glasses:
  • I wanted to wish you well on your journey. I know you will do well. Just remember to take it one day at a time and you will do it. Congrats on your special day, I'm sure you will look fabulous!!!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    So important to teach kids healthy eating habits when the are young. What ever becomes the comfort food of their youth is what they will fall back to in times of stress as an adult. Better that, than going on hunt and destroy missions for ring dings.
  • thanks so much :) I'm really looking forward to looking & feeling better. I think my biggest wake up call (other than being 220 lbs when I was released from the hospital after the birth of my daughter, I'm 5'2"!) was when my 2 1/2 year old kept telling me "Mommy, I don't want vegebles, I want gummies (fruit snacks)" :brokenheart:
This discussion has been closed.