food diary comments

Options
I just want to say that I am quite annoyed by the fact that people comment on peoples food diaries before they review it.

In particular, when someone eats under their calorie goal I have seen an increased number of people leaving positive feedback without actually looking at the amount of food being eaten. This concerns me greatly as I have seen a lot of people saying things like "great job" and "well done" to someone for eating under their calorie goal BUT that person has only eaten 600 calories or so for the day, and there are people on here who eat that little calories day in and day out with continual positive feedback being given.

To those who don't check the diaries of what they are commenting on... PLEASE START CHECKING!!!! All you are doing is encouraging an unhealthy eating disorder, and there is nothing healthy about an eating disorder.

Positively remark on a great workout for sure.... but eating one KFC meal for the day and nothing else is NOT HEALTHY, only drinking 0-1 cups of water is NOT HEALTHY, eating anywhere near 600 calories EVERY day is NOT HEALTHY.

If your going to have 100 friends or 1000 friends, fine, you might not have time to check everyone's diaries all the time, but if that's the case, perhaps don't say anything if you cant make an informed comment, or take the time to quickly look at their diary, but do less comments a day!

Thanks

Replies

• JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I said the same thing the other day! I'm ready to delete some people for logging and posting themselves only eating 600 and 700 calories a day and having people praise them. I can't even understand how someone can not even eat 1200 calories a day! I would eat 5000 if I could!
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I stopped commenting on diaries and days logged in a long time ago. You can only help so many and the rest don't want to hear it.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I deleted a few friends that were constantly eating under cals and exercising like crazy. I didn't want to see all the congrats for a eating disorder.
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I only comment if the diary is actually good or if the person is making an improvement in what they are eating. I saw one today where the person ate a little less than 1200 calories before exercise. Then they burned off almost 900 in exercise. They had 950 left before they reached their goal. Now I realize an extra 900 calories might be hard to eat but they could have eaten something else. Their diary is very skimpy on food. They had a ton of people saying how good they did and how awesome it was because they were under their calorie goal.
  • Fat_Chopper
    Fat_Chopper Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I often see a WTG!!! on VERY bad diets. Diets so high in sodium they will eventually kill or diets without fibre or protein.

I am yet to see a change for the better in most of my friends diets because of the "high five comment sheep". It's the reason I no longer comment on diets.
  • Rinny_D
    Rinny_D Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am very careful with the comments with food diaries now after seeing this.

I have even emailed a few people questioning them about whether they do indeed look at what they are commenting on... and telling them that they have said "well done" to others who are only eating 600 cals, and not only as a once off, but constantly and to be much more careful in future.

At one point I must admit I was struggling to eat 1200 but I was having so much protein that I just wasn't hungry, I think it may have been the protein powder with all the appetite suppressors and metabolism boosters that made me feel like doing anything but eating. Picking up my workout game helped my hunger though :)