38 pounds lost - progress pics

Kallisti
Kallisti Posts: 61
edited September 25 in Success Stories
Well here I am on the cusp of moving from obese to overweight. I started at 220 lbs and I'm down to 182. I don't have many pictures of me at 220 because I wasn't too fond of being photographed at that size. The 182 pictures were taken tonight, and though I'm not particularly proud of those either, I know I look and feel a damned sight better than I did 38 pounds ago. I'm 5'5, wearing size 14 Dockers jeans, previously wearing size 20s. I've been exercising and eating a calorie-reduced diet for 3.5 months now. I'm 30 years old. I attend a weight loss class at a gym 3 times a week that combines a variety of cardio and resistance training for an hour at a time, and I usually go once more per week and jog for 30-45 minutes. I eat 1200-1400 calories a day, aiming for 40% protein 30% carbs 30% fats. I sometimes eat back my exercise calories, but only if I'm hungry and/or anticipating a hard workout the next day. I have pretty consistently lost 1-3lbs per week. My goal is to reach a healthy weight (150lbs or less) before the end of July.

Fo0xH.jpg

xnxPC.png

JyMGg.jpg

h0agh.jpg

Replies

• Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Nice job!
  • Kallisti
    Kallisti Posts: 61
    Nice job!

Thanks! Posting progress pictures is both horrifying and liberating. Everybody should try it. Even if you don't like your current size, you'll like seeing the changes you've made.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Awww you look great!..my jaw dropped....38lbs what an inspiration! WTG!
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    the change is really noticeable!! you look great!!! keep up the good work and keep taking pictures so you can track your progress. It will make you feel proud!!
  • HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Great Job!! Awesome results! And that is a cute lil one in that pic with you :wink:
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Great job! Your looking awesome : )
  • xlacijeanx
    xlacijeanx Posts: 232 Member
    You're looking great! WTG!!!
  • mk2984
    mk2984 Posts: 36
    That's amazing! Good work!!
  • daddyratty
    daddyratty Posts: 305 Member
    Awesome job!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    You look really terrific! Congrats on a job well done! :bigsmile:
  • mirapaigew
    mirapaigew Posts: 107
    Way to go, girl!! I'm at your starting weight right now.. This is great motivation for me :D
  • kaleohone
    kaleohone Posts: 86
    Awesome!!!! You look great! Thanks for the motivation! :happy:
  • Dynetha
    Dynetha Posts: 42 Member
    WOW
  • allimax2002
    allimax2002 Posts: 83 Member
    Yay!! I needed some motivation!! Thanks and keep it up!!
  • karencalleja
    karencalleja Posts: 61 Member
    Wow that's greAt and you look fantastic - keep it up and thanks for sharing :)
  • icumama
    icumama Posts: 12 Member
    Great job! You're an inspiration!
  • sundance2032
    sundance2032 Posts: 376 Member
    These are great pictures, and you look like you lost more then 38lbs. Keep up the great work. and keep us all posted. I can't wait to see how healthy you get :)
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    You have done a wonderful job in 3 months.... I'm so proud of you :flowerforyou:
  • Jlennhikes
    Jlennhikes Posts: 290 Member
    Good job! I'm impressed, too, with how quickly you've lost.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!