Slow Start? Don't Lose Heart!

Options
I weighed myself each week for the first 2 weeks & no chance ... I knew it might take a bit and kept on believing - kept honing my dietary input, meaning which foods, what quantities, etc. Joined a gym 8 days ago & weighed in yesterday --- 5.5 lbs down! Ahh so good to see that ticker move !!! Log all your food, even if You go over by 500 cals !!! Develops the habit and honesty, especially self-honesty, which neutralizes any shame attached to eating more than we know we should, which we did in our old lifestyle right? Else we wouldn't be here. Eat back your exercise cals - now that I understand the rlshp between BMI, the daily caloric intake reccomendation & how it is calculated I see the need to eat all cals.

A BIG factor is of course the gym. First day I barely made 4 min on th elliptical & had to stop 2x for breath. On the way home I was caughing cuz of a dry spot I'd created in my throat from gaspng for air. Now, 1 week later I made 20 min elliptical as a warmup on weight training day! The weight have steadily increased each visit by 10-20, even 30# on the machines.

Obviously, I don't expect this trend to continue @ current rate. Still, it is very! heartening to have seen such a rapid return to healthy levels of strength & endurance. Sooooo, if You're off tona slow start I can tell You my experience - hopefully You might try to implement some of what has worked for me & it will work for You, too. My main msg is Don't lose heart, keep refining what You eat to healhier foods, and join a gym. It is SOOOO gratifying to see that ticker move off zero pound lost!

gyps

PS - I am not accepting friend req's for reasons I won't take apart here but will gladly respond to all msgs. TIA
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!