When I turn 41...

_LA_
_LA_ Posts: 111
edited September 25 in Motivation and Support
When I turn 41, I will weigh 100 pounds less than I do now. I will fit a size 14 easily, and maybe squeeze into a couple of 12's.

I will seek out some of the friends I miss from my college and high school days, whom I avoid seeing when they're nearby because I don't want them to see me 'like this' even though I really, really miss them.

When I see them, they will know that I've lost weight because I'll weigh even less than I did when I last knew them, and I will look SO good and SO healthy and SO not 41 ;)

And they will ask me...how did you do it??

And I will say...I just stuck with it this time.

This time, I STUCK WITH IT.

Replies

• missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    hi welcome and gd luck:flowerforyou:
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    You can do it!!
    6191227.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    This post made me smile. I know the feeling you describe. I had not seen friends of mine for about 7 years in that time managed to pack on 60 pounds. Then it was time to visit them ( 3000 k away) Let's just say that I was not ready to face them in my form at the time. So good eating and exercise commenced for 5 months and I was ever so ready. Sadly I managed to gain 40 pounds back since then and now will remind myself that I will do this for myself not for some distant friends.
    Just imagine, when you meet your friends you will not only look good and feel confident but also challenge them to a jog or race down the block. Maybe even lift their kids up and down in a shoulder press. While they might be "skinny", you will cruise by them at ease while you smile and skip like you were a teen once more:) And then they will be flabbergasted. I am assuming that getting stronger, faster, more flexible is part of your plan also. The best of luck, dedication, commitment and fun along the way. You shall prevail.
  • _LA_
    haha!! I impressed one of my friend's kids last summer when I lifted their Mom..and the bench she was sitting on!! rofl!! I do live for those moments :D
  • JujiBean
    JujiBean Posts: 187
    What a wonderful post. You sound like such a happy and upbeat person.
    I wish for you that all of your goals come to fruition. Go get it, girl!
  • nomoremuffintop42
    nomoremuffintop42 Posts: 129 Member
    I like your postive attiude!!
  • Mark_99
    Mark_99 Posts: 39
    Inspiring post, but remember that to be successful you have to want to do things and change things for the better for YOURSELF and not because of a fear of what others may think. They dont have to live with your body and your health which is the most important thing to remember. Your immediate family, children, spouse etc are the ones that really matter. If your friends are as important to you as you say, then they will be just as supportive of you in your journey to change your lifestyle and provide a bettter life for Yourself.

Good luck x
  • eliezrah
    eliezrah Posts: 5
    Way to go getting motivated! Just remember, I love you no matter what because you're such a fabulous friend & any true friend would feel the same. I agree with the poster who said to do it for you! BTW you forgot to mention the bench itself wasn't that light! LOL
  • _LA_
    Has nothing to do with the friends I want to see - it's ALL me - 'this' isn't how I want them to remember me for the next however many years till I see them again. (People I know 'now' already know me looking like this, and half of them probably won't even notice till I've lost at least 50 lbs! lol!) But the people I only see once in a blue moon...right now I'm a certain image in their mind...don't want to replace that with a big fat one! kwim?
This discussion has been closed.