Face cream question for ladies

Options
2»

Replies

• NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    Options
    I double the Cethaphil recommendation. I started using their cleanser after trying EVERY expensive cleanser (I swear it!). I love it and would guess that the moisturizer would be just as good. However, for moisturizer, I use Hope in Jar by Philosophy. Not the kind with SPF (that makes me break out), but just the original. I've been using it for 2 years now and love it. You can get it at Sephora.com.

I wonder if it's the SPF that's making me break out? I have to use stuff with SPF because of my lupus, so my base has SPF -- maybe it's just too much on my skin?
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    I double the Cethaphil recommendation. I started using their cleanser after trying EVERY expensive cleanser (I swear it!). I love it and would guess that the moisturizer would be just as good. However, for moisturizer, I use Hope in Jar by Philosophy. Not the kind with SPF (that makes me break out), but just the original. I've been using it for 2 years now and love it. You can get it at Sephora.com.

I wonder if it's the SPF that's making me break out? I have to use stuff with SPF because of my lupus, so my base has SPF -- maybe it's just too much on my skin?

Could very well be! There are only a couple of regular facial screens I've been able to use without my face feeling like it was on fire .... and both are natural zinc oxide based.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I use oldschool stuff. Ponds. Works wonders. I have roseacea and my skin is very sensitive. I love Ponds.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I use skinfoods products (from new Zealand). I discovered them a few years back and have never looked back. The ingredients are natural so less likely to irritate. Their face wash is lovely. I am allergic to lanolin so am one of those people poring over the labels in shops as moisturiser often contains it - especially creams meant to target excema.

BUT. One thing I have found that helps my skin is reducing dairy - before my skin used to feel dehydrated, now it remains moist and I am less reliant on hand-cream (seriously - I was applying udder cream 3times an hour to my hands). Less dairy, softer skin.

Just a final thought - do you NEED to use a face cream? I'm never too sure...