What do you do with your glasses during exercise?

Options
Hello everyone,

I just got a new pair of glasses to help with my short-sightedness. I'm wearing them now (it hasn't been more than an hour)!

So my question to you is: what do you do with your glasses when you're exercising? Do you keep them on? Do you put them to one side? Does it depend on the type of exercise? What would I do while running?

Sorry about my ignorance - I have had no contact with glasses before - all I know about them is that you get Clever Points for wearing glasses :smile: - please enlighten me!

Thanks all!
Helen

Replies

• peimomof2
    peimomof2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi, i've been wearing glasses since high school. I never take my glasses off when i'm exercising, and especially if i'm doing a workout DVD, i certainly won't take them off then.
  • pretentiouskate
    Options
    I keep them on - I'm blind as a bat though, LOL.

I do have issues with getting sweaty and them slipping off - that being said, I've been thinking about getting some sort of cord.
  • namrettik
    namrettik Posts: 127
    Options
    I can see just fine without my glasses (I just can't read very well), but I still keep them on when I work out. They only get in the way when I have to wipe sweat off of my brow.
  • MuseumMonkey
    Options
    I take mine off, because they tend to fall off anyway.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I take mine off because they slide off my nose. All the sweat. Yuck.

If I were running though, I'd wear them, but just get one of those keeper straps that go over the earpieces and go around the back of your head to keep them on. Don't know what they're called, but you can get them everywhere. Because I wouldn't want to be out running and fall on my face because I didn't see a crack in the sidewalk or something.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I keep mine on as well, as I don't see very well without them. The only time I have taken them off is when doing push-ups as this pair doesn't have the ear "hooks" and I don't want them to fall. Mine get very sweaty as well, so I usually end up cleaning them once or twice a workout and again afterwards.
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I can see well enough without mine that I can take them off. To me they are more of a distraction when they are on then a benefit since they constantly slide down my nose.
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! For now, I'll keep them off, because my prescription is quite low. I'm worried they'll get damaged at first. Then I'll get a cord to go round the back as ajbeans said and have a go running with them.

Now I just need to lose a lot of weight off my face - the glasses make my eyes smaller than usual so the rest of my face looks large in comparison!