Options
ok well I'm a vegetarian
Today I'm going to olive garden for my mother birthday
What do u recommend,

Replies

• ShelleyBowman
    ShelleyBowman Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Their soup & salad is amazing... and unlimited... try the minestrone! Otherwise, you'd need to look into some of the pasta choices... but check calories first & be prepared to adjust your other meals & exercise accordingly. Enjoy!
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Most definitely the eggplant parm!!!!

I order it with whole wheat pasta tossed with garlic instead of the regular pasta it comes with. You can also ask them to go light on the cheese as well. Another thing I do, is ask for a to-go-box when the meal is delivered. I then cut everything in half and take one half home. That way, you can enjoy the second half the next day and not blow your calorie goal for the day by eating the entire meal.

Enjoy!
  • Daisygurl7
    Daisygurl7 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Eggplant Parmesan is soooo YUMMY but sooooooooo fattening!!! The Capellini Pomodoro lunch portion has 11 g of fat and 480 calories. The Linguine alla Marinara dinner portion has 430 calories 6 g of fat. All the nutrition info is on thier website. www.olivegarden.com
  • ashleynicoleh04
    ashleynicoleh04 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I would say the minestrone soup as well. If you go to their website they have nutritional information. I would recommend taking a look at that too
  • Sunbeam224
    Sunbeam224 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Maybe they have an online menu that you can check out. My fav is the soup & salad
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I used to work there. And I can tell you that the Capellini Pomodoro is a wonderful meal...light, vegetarian and won't break your calorie bank. Also, the minestrone and salad is a great way to start. Just beware the breadsticks!! Most of all, enjoy yourself! :flowerforyou:
  • CatchMom11
    Options
    Their soup & salad is amazing... and unlimited... try the minestrone! Otherwise, you'd need to look into some of the pasta choices... but check calories first & be prepared to adjust your other meals & exercise accordingly. Enjoy!

The only problem with their salad is that just one bowl is 350 calories.
  • stephijim
    stephijim Posts: 33
    Options
    Lunch sized capellini pomodoro! It's really good and no meat. 480 calories for the lunch portion. :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Their stuffed mushrooms (appetizer) are really yummy!
  • CatchMom11
    Options
    Eggplant Parmesan is soooo YUMMY but sooooooooo fattening!!! The Capellini Pomodoro lunch portion has 11 g of fat and 480 calories. The Linguine alla Marinara dinner portion has 430 calories 6 g of fat. All the nutrition info is on thier website. www.olivegarden.com

It's my fave as well! It's actually only 850 calories and if you cut the meal in half and have them go light on the cheese and sauce, that will also save some calories. It being my fave, I found a few tricks that have allowed me to enjoy it without feeling guilty.
  • naesue
    naesue Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    They actually have all the cals for all of the entrees on the menu itself! They are starting to offer some light and healthy dishes as well. But they do have their full menu on their website and they have the full nutritional information on the site as well. Do a little research before you go and you will do great. But don't forget to enjoy your time with your mother don't stress about it.