Is it wrong...

Options
2»

Replies

• PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    It's already been said above, but I will confirm that a single cheat meal, once a week or every other week is the way to go, at least for me.

I stay strict all through the week, eating clean and logging my food, and I find that if I know at the end of the week I get to have a little something special on Saturday, then I am able to stay focused and not let every little craving get to me.

I allow myself a "special" lunch on Saturday's. I try to keep is reasonable 1-2 slices of pizza, not the whole pizza. 2 pieces of fried chicken, not the whole bucket. For me, I just go with the main course, I don't pile on sides, chips or sodas with my cheat meal. If I feel I need to have a dessert with my cheat meal, I try to have sherbet or gelato. By doing this, I feel like I am not totally depriving myself because I get to have a piece of pizza or a piece of Popeye's, once a week, without going off the deep end.

That;s my 2 cents.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    there's no such thing as cheating *if*:

it's planned.
    it's measured.
    it's accounted for.

follow those rules and knock yourself out. do complete your food journal, though, even if it's way over. no slouching!
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I have a cheat meal every once in a while. I don't really have a set day and plan for it or anything though as I can often go several weeks without wanting one. I try to atleast mostly keep it within my calorie range and it hasn't seemed to stall my weight loss.