Dating advice

Options
2»

Replies

• Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    You sent the email, ball in his court, move on. If he was really into you he wouldn't let that much time pass. Don't waste time even thinking about him.
  • kelligonzales
    Options
    So i went on a date with this guy three weeks ago. He kissed me and held my hand and we got along very well. He was off to Paris for work but I never asked when he'd be back. I assumed it was for a week for some reason? Anyway, its been three weeks and he's not contacted me. I emailed him a short message asking how he was and still nothing.

It's obvious he isn't interested in me despite the feeling of being lead on. However, I still want us to be friends because he is into making music and design just as I am and it be good to have gained a friend at least. Should I text him and explain that it be nice to be friends at least or should I not let my pride get bruised any further and leave it?

I would let it be... he didn't repond to the e-mail that kinda says a lot...
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    If he really liked you he would have gotten in touch no matter what...hold your head high...shake it off and move on to bigger and better things. :smile:
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Seriously, he can offer you nothing but drama.

He has basically said he's not interested. Look how much energy you've wasted already on this man!

I wish someone told me what I'm tell you...LOL I wasted SO MUCH TIME on someone that was just a douche (I see it now).

Don't give anyone that power. YOU make the choice and live with it.
  • daryls
    daryls Posts: 260
    Options
    One more suggestion....get a cat! Mine is always there, she sleeps next to me (and my husband) and helps me calm down when I'm anxious/nervous/worried. It's not unconditional love because she can be a pain too, but I love her!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I've never had decent cell service in Paris.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I've never had decent cell service in Paris.

He's probably not even in Paris. lol. He's just playin around. Maybe with other women. If a man is interested, he'll let you know.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Just let it go. Maybe he's busy, maybe he doesn't like you that way, and maybe he doesn't want a relationship. We aren't mind readers, but at the end of the day, the only thing you can control is your own behavior. If you text/call him again and get no response, I suspect it will make you feel bad, so don't set yourself up for that.

He knows how to contact you.
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    Woke up feeling indifferent today (reason could be because I'll be due on).

I feel really cheated and played now. I think its such a cowards way out ignoring a girl like that and I can't help but feel like I was just a number to him and how many other people he is sieving through. Maybe enough dating makes you uncaring like that? At least have the decency to say something. It's like I'm not even worth the effort. As if I don't exist. I can't help but feel like he's taking the easy way out and I want to give him a piece of my mind! I want to give him the benefit of the doubt but it's not like he is fighting for his case at all and making it obvious to me that he is around online making effort to post comments on his fb wall. It's such an insult!

I'll forget about him. I'll get over this surprise and build a tougher skin next time I'm on dates. At least I can take comfort in the fact that he is somebody else's business now and I don't have to be on the receiving end of getting bruised again by some flaky guy. Really says a lot about his character, that much I know.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    On the positive side, it only took one date for you to discover what kind of guy he is. Much better this way.
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Let him go- he sounds like a jerk who doesn't deserve your attention unless he contacts you at this point and has a really good excuse. Even if he went to Paris, why couldn't he at least email? Just be glad you didn't sleep with him. :) I agree with koosdel- on the positive side- just ONE wasted date!
  • samcee
    Options
    On the positive side, it only took one date for you to discover what kind of guy he is. Much better this way.

So true!! Thats a good way of looking at it.

Thanks for the comments and support guys! Really appreciate it xx
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options

glad u only wasted one date on him and not a whole month or year. men are cowards i dont knw why if they were born with balls not use them to tell the truth and just be straight up. not that hard.
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options

I just talked to someone followed "The One" to South Carolina, moved in, gave him all the free whoopie he wanted, only to be verbally abused and told she never meant a thing to him, all over a two year period. Consider yourself very lucky!
  • nolachick
    Options

I just talked to someone followed "The One" to South Carolina, moved in, gave him all the free whoopie he wanted, only to be verbally abused and told she never meant a thing to him, all over a two year period. Consider yourself very lucky!

and this is why I woudl NEVER move for ANYBODY!

i would seriously have to cut his manhood off! wtf is wrong with men? i think men like this must have some serious self esteem issues to have to treat someone like that just so they can feel superior and in control.
  • samcee
    Options
    Thanks nolachick. You are so strong! I love the power and confidence some of you girls here have, I need to be more like that.

Agh, what a a*hole! I've been there and foolishly done that. Wasted 5 years of my youth but I didn't move away for him until the last two years. I also turned down really good work opportunities to move too. Learned it the hard way and will never do it again!! It just makes me feel like us girls really need to have a plan B and be able to protect ourselves. A cousin of mine wasted 7 years of her life which is even worst!

I feel okay about the date not working out but it does scare me sometimes just how fickle men and relationships are. How do you know when to invest and when to hold back some?
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options

Yea, I recall her saying the same thing. =o]
  • nolachick
    Options

Yea, I recall her saying the same thing. =o]

Trust me, I was in a 6yr long relationship, 2 of which was long distance - he offered to pay for everything if i moved and I would NOT budge. So unless i'm actually married and have a family and need to move for a better career opportunity or something - not doing it
  • DowntimeDesigns
    DowntimeDesigns Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    If he doesn't have the respect for you to respond, then he's not worth your time...

Guys like that give us all a bad name,
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I had a similar experience recently, you seriously need to read the book "He's just not that into you", quite an eye-opener, written by a player for women who are always wondering what's going on with men.

GG