PCOS

Options
Is there any other ladies out there who live, eat healthy and exercise despite having PCOS? I struggle. I work out 65 min a day, eat healthy...*in fact always being told i'm way under my calories* so i really try to be cognitive of eating snacks throughout the day etc.
But i see no results on the scale or the measuring tape. I am on medications for the PCOS. But could really use some advice, input, would love to hear some success stories of ladies with this disorder. and Jillian Michaels does NOT count lol i'll NEVER look like her. lol dont know how she beat it! LOL Would love to start my own little PCOS support group on here.

Replies

• newbeautifulme
    Options
    I have PCOS too and it sure is frustrating. Added you as a friend :) I lost weight using Medifast, but now I am switching over to a healthier & sustainable way of eating. I am hoping that PCOS doesn't cause weight gain since I changed up my diet.
  • queenkimie
    Options
    Hi Guys! I have been suffering from PCOS too...for years. Been on Metaformin...and they now want to do ovarian wedge reccection surgery! I couldn't have babies because of it. ( boo! ) BUT we have adopted two beautiful boys, and now I'm super motivated to get this weight off to keep up with them he he. I'm on Medifast right now and have committed to 4 more months of it, then will switch to a more sustainable way of eating. This Fitness pal this is so awesome...I love being under my calories and even negative from workouts :) I have had a few F*** it days when I don't see results on the scale and just eat whatever...but it's a process right???? So happy to see others on here like me. If feels good to not be alone. I have a new Doctor at UCSD who specializes in PCOS...but I don't go until May 30...will keep ya Posted!
  • utah_angel1971
    Options
    I am seeing a nurse practicioner for mine. I worked out 70 min a day 5 days a week for a year and lost 2 lbs. it started when i was married and trying to get pregnant and couldnt. the dr told me i MAY have it but never checked me for it or tested me. that was when i was 23. i just recently turned 40. Years of going to dr's and OBGYN's and being told. Just watch what you eat, just exercise.
    Finally this nurse said i was the worst case she had ever seen and could tell as soon as she walked through the door that i had it.
    I am on metformin, diflucan and spirotilactone for it. In the 2 months i've been on those 3 i've lost 20lbs. I was in janunet for 2 months before i started pure metformin and it made me so ill i could barely function for about a week. I missed work cause it made me so sick.
    It is wonderful to see other people out there who are working through PCOS. who share the same struggles. Unless you understand and have it, its hard to explain to people who look at you and give you dieting advice, or tell you, "you know i lost weight just by not eating such and such, this and that" lol and im like really? geeze why didnt i think of that.
    I've always tried to eat healthy because i knew i was over weight. What made me mad though is that no dr or oBGYN ever thought about doing anything for me other than suggesting i watch what i eat and exercise. it took me until i was 38 to find someone who would finally do blood work on me.