Turkey Burger Recall

Options
ladyhawk00
ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
FYI....

Nearly 55,000 pounds of frozen, raw turkey burger products maybe contaminated with Salmonella.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture said 4-pound boxes of Jennie-O Turkey Store “All Natural Turkey Burgers with seasonings Lean White Meat" are being recalled. Each box contains a dozen 1/3-pound individually wrapped burgers.

A use by date of “DEC 23 2011” and an identifying lot code of “32710” through “32780” are inkjetted on the side panel of each box, just above the opening tear strip. Establishment number “P-7760” is located within the USDA mark of inspection on the front of each box. The products were packaged on Nov. 23, 2010 and were distributed to retail establishments nationwide.

Medical professionals have diagnosed 13 people with salmonellosis, including one in Colorado.

http://www.krdo.com/news/27406569/detail.html

Replies

• Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    thank you for sharing
  • pretentiouskate
    Options
    Gross! Better to make your own, although NONE of our food is completely safe. We've got some of these in the freezer I'll have to check when I get home.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Good to know since we eat a lot of them.
  • LovingMe19
    LovingMe19 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Mine have a use by date of Dec 24th, 2011. And the only number I can find on them is the P-7760 number.....throw them out still? I've eaten like 3 :(
  • midonhau
    midonhau Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I bought some recently so I'm going to check the code on mine.
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would. When in doubt, throw it out. Also, contact the 1800 on the package. They should send you a coupon for a big discount off or for a free one.
  • ladyhawk00
    Options
    Mine have a use by date of Dec 24th, 2011. And the only number I can find on them is the P-7760 number.....throw them out still? I've eaten like 3 :(

That might be a judgement call. Since the use by date is different (even just a day), they weren't packaged in the same lot, and haven't been recalled. But that doesn't mean they couldn't find a problem with that lot too, simply because it was just a day later and there could have still been contamination.

That said, if you've already had 3 and had no ill effects, I'd probably keep them and just cook the hell out of them. But that's just me.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,711 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the alert! I have some of those in my freezer, but they're not part of the recall. I checked Jennie-O's website for more specific info. Here's the link if you're interested:

http://www.hormelfoodsproductrecall.com/

The burgers affected were distributed exclusively to Sam's Club stores. I got mine at Fred Meyer. Whew! Also, mine are in a bag, and there were six. The recalled burgers were in boxes containing 12.
  • ladyhawk00
    Options
    Thank you for the alert! I have some of those in my freezer, but they're not part of the recall. I checked Jennie-O's website for more specific info. Here's the link if you're interested:

The burgers affected were distributed exclusively to Sam's Club stores. I got mine at Fred Meyer. Whew! Also, mine are in a bag, and there were six. The recalled burgers were in boxes containing 12.

Thanks for gettin the details :wink:
  • PJilly
    Options

Thanks for gettin the details :wink:
    No problem. I needed to find out more, as those are exactly the burgers I get! Well, almost exactly. You know what I mean. :tongue:

Mine look like this:
    26018CF_PP.jpg
  • LovingMe19
    LovingMe19 Posts: 380 Member
    Options

Mine are in a box containing 12 but I bought them at walmart...think they are ok? I'd hate to throw them out!
  • PJilly
    Options
    Mine are in a box containing 12 but I bought them at walmart...think they are ok? I'd hate to throw them out!
    Sam's Club is owned and operated by Walmart, so I'd check the numbers on the package just to be safe.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!!