Step back and look at yourself!

Perfectlycrooked
Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
edited September 25 in Motivation and Support
I just weighed in and the scale said 122.1. and I thought "oh, cool! That's good, I'm getting there!" and then I thought about what I've got left to go.

But I'm sitting here now thinking about that number. 122! That's 13 pounds lighter than when I started all of this! I never thought I would get this far, I figured I wouldn't make it and now I think the scale's lying to me! I've tried so many times to lose weight and it's just starting to work and it feels so amazing. Seeing that number and then thinking about the old one brings a smile to my face. Comparing pictures from then to now even makes me feel better. I feel like I proved something to myself and I overcame my biggest fear, that I would never be able to lose weight.

I'm actaully starting to tear up a little bit thinking about it(: but that's because I'm so proud of the things I've accomplished!
and I think everyone should step back and look at what they've done whether it's 2 pounds, 20 pounds, 80 pounds, 100 pounds! You should be so proud of what you've done because it takes so much power and courage! Even if you've just started, the choice to better yourself is one of the biggest steps and you have to remember that you can do it!

This was a lot longer than I anticipated, I just think all of the amazing and supportive people on MFP should be proud of themselves! (:

Replies

• Perfectlycrooked
    oh, forever alone.
  • bmj1985
    bmj1985 Posts: 32
    Great job and great message! Keep it up :)
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Thanks for posting! I have to remember sometimes that its OK to pat myself on the back. I struggle back and forth between not feeling like I made any progress at all, to feeling like a narcissist for being proud of myself.

Congrats on your accomplishments so far! Way to go!!
  • LDL15
    LDL15 Posts: 12
    Great job, Way to go. I agree we often forget to congratulation ourselves and instead focus on what's still to come.
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    I have to do this too. I started around 385, now in thee 280's. Even though I have a way to go and will get thier I still have to smell the roses sometimes.
  • imgonnadoit123
    imgonnadoit123 Posts: 49 Member
    Great post...I find myself feeling the same impatience but we've all come a long way baby!
  • Perfectlycrooked
    I have to do this too. I started around 385, now in thee 280's. Even though I have a way to go and will get thier I still have to smell the roses sometimes.

Wow! That's awesome(: 100 pounds!
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    [thanks :-), getting thier]

Wow! That's awesome(: 100 pounds!
    [/quote]
  • Vick_MN
    Vick_MN Posts: 34
    Thank you for this post. I weight myself for the week and only dropped .3 pounds so I was feeling pretty down. Your post helped me to remember that I've lost every week since I've started and I'm down 22 pounds all together witch is pretty amazing for me. I've never lost any weight before.
  • Perfectlycrooked
    I think one of the biggest things about this is just being proud of yourself(:
  • SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Great post....a good reminder! Thanks.
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    oh, forever alone.

Do you have a tumblr? ;D
  • Perfectlycrooked
    oh, forever alone.

Do you have a tumblr? ;D

Maybe.. (: