Decent food to buy from a corner store?

Options
Sigra
Sigra Posts: 374 Member
I have brought so food with me, but for some reason today I'm feeling extra hungry! I have a lot of calories to spare (about 500~), I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas of what I can purchase at a corner store during my lunch break without going over my calories!

Thanks!

Replies

• bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I love popcorn twists! the sodium is a bit wonky but the calories are pretty good!
  • nmp1994
    nmp1994 Posts: 96
    Options
    Beef Jerky
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Mmm, Beef Jerky! I love those things, haha.
  • loro1971
    loro1971 Posts: 135
    Options
    WATER, HERBAL TEA, SUGAR FREE CANDY, FAT FREE JELLO, FAT FREE PRETZELS, BANANAS, ORANGES, APPLES, CELERY,HUMMUS AND PITA CHIPS???????????????FAT FREE MILK AND CEREAL? YOGURT?RICE CAKES?FAT FREE CRACKERS AND FAT FREE CREAM CHEESE?RED PEPPER(CUT UP)?PICKLES???
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Isn't jerky really salty though? I LOVE BBQ turkey jerky, but been staying away cuz of the salt.
    What about just picking up some nuts or trail mix??
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    WATER, HERBAL TEA, SUGAR FREE CANDY, FAT FREE JELLO, FAT FREE PRETZELS, BANANAS, ORANGES, APPLES, CELERY,HUMMUS AND PITA CHIPS???????????????FAT FREE MILK AND CEREAL? YOGURT?RICE CAKES?FAT FREE CRACKERS AND FAT FREE CREAM CHEESE?RED PEPPER(CUT UP)?PICKLES???

I've never been to a corner store that had all that. I have three of them in walking distance from where I live and all they carry are chips, soda, a few canned goods, snacks like peanuts or cashews, cookies, pre-made burgers and hot dogs, donuts, gum, candy, and lots of other stuff that is not very good for you. Maybe corner stores are bigger elsewhere....not sure, but in this little po dunk town all they carry is junk!! LOL! Also, fat free stuff is loaded with sodium and sugar to enhance the taste. I have been told many time that fat free is not the way to go. I just avoid all saturated and trans fats.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    that sounds like a fancy truck stop to me :happy:
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Yup, where are you? Big difference in what UK and US corner stores will stock!
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Most of them (at least the ones around me) carry energy bars with protein. Not sure if you like those, but I sometimes grab one if I need something extra. Keeps me from grabbing a bag of chips.