What I learned losing a 100 lbs, gaining it and now losing a

Options
2»

Replies

• twinwolf
    twinwolf Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Awesome post! Of course #7 was the funniest! I have just over 3 bowling balls to go yet.. I've lost over three this time around all ready!

You can, we can do it!!
  • steph_e
    steph_e Posts: 8
    Options
    I love you post. It was both humorous and true! Looking forward to reading more!
  • allanaaron
    allanaaron Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm really touched that so many people responded. I guess being America the bowling ball issue got the strongest response outside of the humor. I am now on the cusp of 300 lbs. at 301. And i feel a certain malaise going over me like "Hey buddy, you lost 26 lbs. now you can relax. yet I am only 2 pounds from 299 and 6 lbs from losing two 16 lb bowling balls of F*t. Maybe I should reread my motivations. I'm certainly not giving up on any level. I in fact just dropped a pound a day for a few days in a row, but there's that voice - "Come on Allan you deserve to eat just a little more." Anyway in class the other day the kids brought donuts for a birthday and I did not even consider them. I have a commitment to never eat another donut until I'm told by a doctor to gain weight or something like that, in other words, maybe never. the funny thing was as the kids and other teachers devoured their donuts, I could smell the donuts and actually taste the ghosts of the thousands of donuts I have thoughtlessly murdered in my criminal past. Okay I admit it I was a serial donut killer. I got caught and was sentenced to weigh 365 pounds. I would call that cruel and "usual" punishment.
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    Love the bowling ball analogy...
    Mine is losing my kids - when I hit 35 pounds my 4 year old asked how much I had lost - easiest way to explain it to her was that I had lost her 2 year old sister. Then I told her next I was going to lose her - to which she responded, then you can lose both of us... yep, that's my goal...
    of course, she's cheating and putting weight on - she was 42 pounds, thought I had caught her then she stepped on the scale after me last weekend and she was almost 45 pounds... upped the challenge on me :happy:
  • allanaaron
    allanaaron Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing, by working in school part time I was able to find kids who weighed what I lost up to and including 120 lbs. Then I gave it away and only had a toddler. So I'm about 64 lbs down from my high meaning what? grade One?
  • Shawneea
    Shawneea Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    #7 is too funny... lol!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!