Newbie College Student

haikela7
haikela7 Posts: 2
edited September 25 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone- I was never blessed with the resiliant bodies that my friends have. I feel like they can eat anything and be skinny minis while I have one donut too many and suddenly my jeans don't fit! Last summer I vowed to run at least 2 miles M-F and eat balanced meals. After 3 months, I lost 10 pounds...then when school started I gained it all back by not exercising as often and eating whatever I wanted :(

I hate this yo-yo pattern and just want to stick to a manageable mindset. Eat healthy, exercise often, and stop finishing a whole box of Girl Scout cookies in one sitting! No more mindless munching for me- I'm ready to start tracking and excited to find a strong support system here.

Hope

Replies

• I'm the exact same way!
  • 0oKareno0
    0oKareno0 Posts: 14 Member
    You are pretty much the same story as me. School can really wreck a healthy eating plan, as I've found out. And I understand. It sucks watching a size 0 friend polishing off a plate of french fries with gravy every day at lunch and knowing you can't do the same. You're going to do great here! Best of luck fulfilling your goals. If you'd like a encourager, feel free to add me as a friend!
  • aekriebs
    aekriebs Posts: 45
    I'm a college student, too and I just started this site on Monday. I LOVE it! It has already made me aware of what I am putting in my mouth BEFORE and not after, which is really helping. I'll add you as a friend and we can attempt to battle finals and overeating together!
  • rosec005
    rosec005 Posts: 67 Member
    I gained almost 40 lbs when I started school last fall. My main issue was being so close to so many fast food joints and having WAYYY too much junk food in my dorm. I'm hoping to get it all off throughout the summer (plus a little extra) and hopefully be skinny for next fall! Good luck to you!
  • hellotini
    hellotini Posts: 29
    Hi, there :) Added you, your story sounds a lot like mine. good luck on your journey!
This discussion has been closed.