eggs

Options
HippyChx
HippyChx Posts: 19 Member
I like to have an egg on the weekeneds, does anyone know if that is a bad choice to have for breakfast while trying to lose weight?

Replies

• HippyChx
    HippyChx Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I like to have an egg on the weekeneds, does anyone know if that is a bad choice to have for breakfast while trying to lose weight?
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    This is an eggcellent choice!! When I can I like to scramble two egg white and one whole egg.. yummy.
    :happy:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Eggs aren't bad once in awhile, and they're one of the most filling breakfasts out there!
    I don't have them very often though because I have a problem with too much protein. I'd rather have meat for supper over eggs most of the time.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I hard boil eggs and stash them in the fridge to take one with me to work as a snack or as part of my breakfast, about 4x a week. They're about 70 calories and 6-7g of fat. Good choice, and as with anything, in moderation. Economical too.
  • suprlili
    suprlili Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi everyone! I recommend you check out this article by the the magazine Self.com. David Grotto comments on most of the foods including eggs, giving nutritional information as well as portion and frequency advices.

-- 20 superfoods for weight loss

http://www.self.com/health/articles/2008/07/0721superfoods

enjoy !
  • Thrust
    Thrust Posts: 63 Member
    Options

Eggs are GREAT and possilby the BEST food you can eat. They also have a very high bioavailability--meaning your body actually uses a lot of the nutrients the egg contains. Enjoy!