Losing weight even though not eating exercise calories

Options
2»

Replies

• 1aprilaries
    1aprilaries Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I just joined Monday & I'm glad I read this topic. I had no idea i was supposed to be eating back my exercise calories!
  • Kjarlune
    Kjarlune Posts: 178
    Options

Thank you...Very Helpful
  • dengarrett
    dengarrett Posts: 367
    Options
    Yep, I had read that one too. It all brings me back to believing I am good until I hit a plateau.

Thanks to everyone!! I love this site. I have learned soooo much!
  • itsmenatalie
    itsmenatalie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    My reasons for eating my exercise calories have nothing to do with the actual weight loss - it's that I need to fuel my body. If I didn't eat them I would get tired and would not have the energy to keep exercising and strengthening my heart and building muscles.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    i dont eat mine back :/
  • jrt9999
    jrt9999 Posts: 114
    Options
    My reasons for eating my exercise calories have nothing to do with the actual weight loss - it's that I need to fuel my body. If I didn't eat them I would get tired and would not have the energy to keep exercising and strengthening my heart and building muscles.

Bingo! A lot of folks get caught up in weight loss only and never really understand calories also = energy, or their goals are weight loss alone.. Take Michael Phelps. When he is hard core training he probably eats 10,000 calories a day, has no fat on him, and is one baddass.
  • dengarrett
    Options

Bingo! A lot of folks get caught up in weight loss only and never really understand calories also = energy, or their goals are weight loss alone.. Take Michael Phelps. When he is hard core training he probably eats 10,000 calories a day, has no fat on him, and is one baddass.
    Yeah, when I train for the olympics I do that too :wink:

Seriously this does make perfect sense to me. My goal with exercise is to lose weight and get fit and my profession (computer related) does not carry that high of a demand load. But I agree the principals are all the same. I just think that with 130 pounds of excess energy hanging on my body I am ok to let it burn. I think that when I get lower and lower is when I think I have to watch the balance much closer.
  • dengarrett
    Options

Saying this all a little differently - I think it's a little different when you start at 190 trying to get to 145 and 160 to 125 than when you start at 315 trying to get to 180. Now, the range is so large that I think exercise calories just don't matter tha much. As I decrease my stores is when I think it matters.
  • jrt9999
    jrt9999 Posts: 114
    Options

Seriously this does make perfect sense to me. My goal with exercise is to lose weight and get fit and my profession (computer related) does not carry that high of a demand load. But I agree the principals are all the same. I just think that with 130 pounds of excess energy hanging on my body I am ok to let it burn. I think that when I get lower and lower is when I think I have to watch the balance much closer.

You will be fine not eating all back for quite awhile. Once you build your strength up to burn 500 to 700 calories in an hour your body will tell you it is starving anyways. You will know when to eat them back.

Good luck by the way!
  • chnkydnknmomma
    Options
    I don't usually eat back my excersize either, mostly because when I am sticking to my routine, I am eating well and satisfied with my meals. I seem to be losing weight, and definitely inches.
  • dengarrett
    Options

You will be fine not eating all back for quite awhile. Once you build your strength up to burn 500 to 700 calories in an hour your body will tell you it is starving anyways. You will know when to eat them back.

Good luck by the way!
    Yes, that is what I think too.

Thank you so much!