50 POUNDS GONE! Plateau broken!

Options
shorerider
shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
Soooo--yesterday I lost 8/10 of a pound and was so afraid I'd get on the scale today and see higher numbers. I've been struggling all month with losing 1/2 pound, gaining 1/2 pound over and over. Then yesterday, it was 8/10 pound loss.

This morning, I got on the scale, almost afraid to open my eyes but I do and I see.....

229.4!!!!!!!! That's 1/2 pound loss since yesterday and that means I'm under 230!! yes2bb.gif for the first time in 25 years or so!

AND--that means I have now lost 50 pounds!

party0010.gif

thanks everyone for listening to my rants and tantrums lately! I was getting so frustrated, and it was great to have y'all supporting me.

Banks--thanks for the post on how you avoided plateaus. Last week, I upped my calories by 100 to 1300 a day. And, I begin to seriously look at my fat and carb intake. I cut back on both--carbs. I was always under on both but I upped my protein and cut back on those two areas.

Not sure what worked but something did and that's all I care about!

excited.gif

Replies

• shorerider
    Options
    Soooo--yesterday I lost 8/10 of a pound and was so afraid I'd get on the scale today and see higher numbers. I've been struggling all month with losing 1/2 pound, gaining 1/2 pound over and over. Then yesterday, it was 8/10 pound loss.

This morning, I got on the scale, almost afraid to open my eyes but I do and I see.....

229.4!!!!!!!! That's 1/2 pound loss since yesterday and that means I'm under 230!! yes2bb.gif for the first time in 25 years or so!

party0010.gif

thanks everyone for listening to my rants and tantrums lately! I was getting so frustrated, and it was great to have y'all supporting me.

Banks--thanks for the post on how you avoided plateaus. Last week, I upped my calories by 100 to 1300 a day. And, I begin to seriously look at my fat and carb intake. I cut back on both--carbs. I was always under on both but I upped my protein and cut back on those two areas.

excited.gif
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you what an accomplishment :flowerforyou:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    :happy: Congratulations! Great job!! I can't wait to break my halfway point - still 16 lbs to go on that!

IT must feel awesome, keep up the good work!!
  • luscious
    luscious Posts: 18
    Options
    WOW !!! congrats :drinker: keep up the good work'''hang in there'''''':flowerforyou:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • natalie1
    natalie1 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    GOOD job :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options

party0010.gif

excited.gif

That's awesome! I'm so glad for you, and proud of you!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    YAY! :flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    congrats_silver_stars.gif
  • IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Outstanding!!! I am happy for you:flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC! CONGRATULATIONS! I'm sooooo happy for you!
  • 2day4ever
    2day4ever Posts: 178
    Options
    Shorerider!

I am soooooooo glad you posted all your frustrations and your rants and now your success!!!! What an inspiration to all of us!!!! I think the take home message is to hang in there even when the scale won't budge b/c, eventually, it will. I also think it is great to know that Banks' strategy for breaking through a plateau worked for you b/c it is soooooo counter-intuitive for those of us who have "dieted" forever!

Woooooooo hooooooooo to you!!!!!!
  • jpritts
    jpritts Posts: 36
    Options
    Very Well Done. Heres to you.:drinker:
  • Starr
    Starr Posts: 45
    Options
    Wow - it is so great that you did that! :smile:
  • Laguapa
    Laguapa Posts: 58
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • shorerider
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

Y'all are the best! love0059.gif

And now there's so many people noticed today at church that I got tired of telling people how much I've lost and how I've done it!
  • Lisabeth
    Lisabeth Posts: 268
    Options
    That's Wonderful!!!!!! I'm so happy for you! I just showed this post to my husband who has been down and out because he is currently in his "plateau" stage and he isn't moving...in fact it fluctuates like you...by a pound or so....so, you have encouraged so many. Thank you!

party0010.gif

excited.gif
  • Reesy
    Reesy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Awesome news! Congrats to you! :happy:
  • rosabella
    rosabella Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Keep up the healthy work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!