I fell off the wagon

Options
I held a 80th Birthday Party for my grandmother, and had about 25 guests at my house. There was so much FOOD. I pigged out and fell off of the wagon. Deviled Eggs are a great weak spot for me. I feel so guilty about the way I ate. It was like I was a different person during the festivities, a sI just kept EATING. Now I am depressed as the scale reflected the indiscretion this morning. Bummer.

Replies

• jpritts
    jpritts Posts: 36
    Options
    I held a 80th Birthday Party for my grandmother, and had about 25 guests at my house. There was so much FOOD. I pigged out and fell off of the wagon. Deviled Eggs are a great weak spot for me. I feel so guilty about the way I ate. It was like I was a different person during the festivities, a sI just kept EATING. Now I am depressed as the scale reflected the indiscretion this morning. Bummer.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Oh hun....you just jump right up here with me on the wagon....family reunion...ugh.
    Just restart and no worries.
  • Jezika
    Jezika Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    The good thing about wagons is that we all have them and we all fall off them. Tomorrow is a new day. Leave regrets and worries in the past.
    I'm right there with you though. We've been traveling and visiting my hubbys family and of course they want to party. Every food under the sun! I was lucky to get away with a sugar free orange popcicle. :)
  • Starr
    Starr Posts: 45
    Options
    Well, it was Grandma's birthday .. and birthday parties are not known for low calorie foods. I think it was lovely of you to host the party... and it would be hard for me, too, to be in that position and not 'snarf' the foods I love. Start fresh. And read the article in the most recent issue of Time, (August 4) entitled 'Dear (Food) Diary' (page 70); it is very encouraging!
  • jeena
    jeena Posts: 29
    Options
    I also fell off the wagon but I am hopping back on. External factors just grabbed me and would not let go for a month. But this morning I decided that I had to break away and get back into it. JPRITTS, I know how you are feeling in regards to the depression because during the month of my depression and anger I could not figure out what to do. Something clicked this morning when one of the external factors just pushed me over the edge and this determination switch turned on. Just resstart and don't look back. That is what I am doing because I can only move forward not back.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Parties with LOTS of YUMMY food gets the best of just about ALL of us! So don't feel bad, because we've pretty much all done the same thing from time to time!
    What's so great about MFP is that we CAN get right back on the wagon and be back on track!
  • sftbutterflykiss
    sftbutterflykiss Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    But do we really call... it falling off the wagona for ONE DAY... When ever there is a party.. i relax.. and i make sure i do more of a work out.. i would call doing for a week or more.. falling off the wagon... we all have fun doing what ever we consider has beenig pleasurable once in a while.. dont feel guilty.. you were just living in the moment.. now its past... you drink a lot of water.. and goo........ but then again..i was really fustrated yesturday over not knowing the calories for a snowball.. but.. it wasnt a relax day either... SO GET BACK UP.. AND SAY.. I REALLY ENJOYED MYSELF... THANK GOD NOT EVERYONE TURNS 70 ALL THE TIME...:tongue:
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Dont worry about it, everyone has a day when they over-eat. :)
    For me it's usually once a week when my boyfriend comes over LOL.
    The best thing you can do is STAY POSITIVE!!!

Take care
  • Reesy
    Reesy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Of course the scale is going to reflect it this morning, but if you have been consistent in your eating, this fall of the wagon will not affect you. Once you have a good poop, you will be fine. :laugh:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    This just happened and will happen again. The important skill to learn is to get back on your plan quickly. Nobody is overweight because of one party or one meal. It's the "I messed up, I am a loser, I might as well eat all the rest of the party food and then start again, oh wait there is that business lunch on Thursday, I'll just wait until after that".
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    I hate the way temptation crawls around the bend like that on us. I was in a little bit of a rutt as of late but thankfully, my two day streak into redemption through sweat has become something of a divine intervention for me. I definitely send you my regards and best of luck!