Supplements mean I'm weak?

Dette1
Dette1 Posts: 23 Member
edited September 25 in Motivation and Support
So I have been logging in to FitnessPal for 70 days now and I have lost and then gained. The reason - no workout time. By time I also mean energy. I have a very hectic schedule - babies, school and career. The real workout time I get is when my husband is home to keep them occupied. So I sometimes use supplements for energy. Usually an energy vitamin but sometimes other GNC things and recently I purchased HealtheTrim. The thing is, I don't expect a miracle weight loss pill so I am not buying into an image. What I have gained from using them in the past is the ability to get up at 4am and by 8pm still have something left to workout. A co-worker mentioned that this meant I was weak. That I couldn't do it on my own so I choose a supplement. My motivation took a bit of a hit. The ups and downs of my weight just in the last 70 days shows me my way isn't working and only working out gets me the results I desire. Why not include a supplement, as needed, that provides the energy to get in my workouts?

Replies

• jalovec
    jalovec Posts: 62
    You're not 'weak'- your co-worker is ridiculous! Good for you for finding workout time with such a busy schedule!
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Please don't let someone's off hand comment make you struggle. I am sure you are doing what you need to do for yourself. I don't know much about extra energy supplements, so I can't make any comments about that, but I just want YOU to make sure YOU are doing what YOU need to do.
  • misrical
    misrical Posts: 66 Member
    This to me is just another example of someone being threatened by something they don't understand or outright jealousy.
    Supplements in no way mean you are weak and when used they way they are intended are a good addition to any workout schedule.
    Keep your head up and let your actions speak volumes.
  • kimberlyAjohnson
    kimberlyAjohnson Posts: 136 Member
    Healthy Trim is known as more of a diet pill than an energy supplement. Maybe that was part of her concern? If it works for you though, then don't let her comments get you down :)
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Supplements in NO way mean you are weak. Even people who have personal trainers and medical professionals surrounding them take supplements. Jillian Michaels has her own line of supplements now as do many other weight loss trainers and guru's. Don't let anyone else tell you what is right for you. You know your body and know what you need to make it function in the way it should. And if you think about it, vitamins are supplements but we don't tell people to stop taking them.
  • Dette1
    Dette1 Posts: 23 Member
    That is a good point and thank you for the comments! I feel more empowered in my tactics that I believe work for me and I am looking forward to seeing those results again. I haven't seen Jillian's supplements but I adore her advice and workouts. I will have to check that out!
  • ChelDM
    ChelDM Posts: 145
    I take numerous vitamins for many reasons including cancer prevention after a cancer scare...I am hardly weak...Finally, I am taking control of my health and putting it first and foremost and an ounce of prevention...

My question to you is...Why are you bothered at all by this person?
This discussion has been closed.