"Real men dont worry about how they look"

Options
misrical
misrical Posts: 66 Member
Ok so I am at the bank the other day and the tellers ask me if I am losing weight(yay for unsolicited NSV's)
I am telling them about how I weighed 260 a year and a half ago and I am now at 219 (now 211 :) ) and that I had started eating right and was working out and I was motivated to keep going.
So as I am walking out the door, this guy who has been standing in the next lane, turns to me and says "you know, real men don't worry about how they look."
So off the top of my head I counter with "Well, real men want to make their ladies happy and live long enough to enjoy their life."

*Cue tellers laughing* and this man looking none too pleased as I walk out the door.

Its funny how someone can feel so threaten about another person apparently making them look bad.

Keep your heads up and be proud of yourselves.

Replies

• spiritcrusher
    spiritcrusher Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Sure they don't.

You've been exposed to a beta male.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    ugh..some people :angry: oh well, you are doing you, and you stood up for it..good for you..best of luck continuing your journey :happy:
  • Skolls081102
    Options
    Awesome story. And congrats on the quick comeback......I'm still laughing!!!
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I don't know if I could've come up with anything so fast. Well said!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    Great response.
  • PrincessLacey
    Options
    you sir are epic!
  • iamnox
    iamnox Posts: 39
    Options
    That is cool good come back, at least you did not look at him in terror and say WOW I guess they don't LOL
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    Real men don't put people down, little boys do that.

Good for you!
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Excellent comeback! I laughed :-)
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    Good for you!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Nice come back! :laugh: And congrats on your weight loss.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Strange interaction. Great comeback.
  • ChelDM
    ChelDM Posts: 145
    Options
    That is really pathetic! Good for you!
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    hahahahahahahah sooooooooooooooooo funnny !!! Something my hubby-to-be would say...'real men...bolex!'

look, if you wanna do good for yo self...DO IT! Pay no mind to anyone else!
  • mjtmorr
    mjtmorr Posts: 75
    Options
    Basically SCREW THEM and anyone else that cant respect your major accomplishment.
    I am working hard to lose all this extra weight to live healthier, longer, to be able to do and enjoy more of what life has to offer, if looking better is a by-product of that then all the better.
  • W0zzie
    W0zzie Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Good for you - and for us - I'd count that as a win for all males on MFP :) Would love to have been there LOL
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Way to tell him bro!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    sounds like hes lazy lol prob has esteem issues and finally said he doesnt care just to cope
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Real men are confident about who they are and the type of person they want to be. Like you.
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    Bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!