I have a few NSV's and a SV

beatlemom
beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
edited September 25 in Success Stories
Today my son and I went out and were grocery shopping and he wanted to buy some snack type food. He actually turned the box around and said "I better look and see how many calories in a serving before I put it in the cart". He then decided it was too unhealthy and found something lower calorie and healthier. He is 10. I don't want him to grow up overweight like my husband and I did, so I am happy that my healthier ways are making an impact on his decisions. Perhaps he won't struggle like I have done.

Since I started on here 6 weeks ago I have lost 21 pounds, I no longer have heartburn from overeating. My pants and shirts are loose to the point of needing a smaller size. I have more energy, which I am amazed by every day. I wake up wanting to work out, which if you knew me would surprise you. And I have motivated a few people in my personal life to work on their health.

I owe alot of my successes to this website and my MFP friends, as well as my husband who supports me and thinks I am perfect at any size. And to my sheer determination.

It can be done. You just have to want it more than anything else.

Replies

• BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    Congrats to you!!! :flowerforyou: Those are all fabulous victories, and you should be really proud of yourself. I love these kind of posts!
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 854 Member
    Nie work. Kuddo's to you!!:flowerforyou:
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Awww that's awesome!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Very cool for you and your boy!!
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    My 9 yr old now does the same thing when we are in the store. She wanted a bag of Funyons today turned over the bag found out one bag was a serving and it had like 120 cals in it and decided that was ok.!!! She cracks me up!!! Now if I could get my 15yr old to do the same it would be like heaven!!!
  • jeannas
    jeannas Posts: 109 Member
    Loved your post..very motivating!!!
  • StaceyZombie
    StaceyZombie Posts: 69 Member
    Yay love it all!! Congrats on the amazing weight loss.
    Coming from somebody who was also overweight my entire life, I am so happy that you are teaching your son healthy eating habits. I wish that my parents could have enstilled that in me and I love that you are breaking the cycle <3
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    OUTSTANDING!!!!

Loving those victories and am so proud of YOU!!!!
  • beatlemom
    beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
    Thank you guys!
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    That's awesome that you are teaching your son great habits! I will probably be the reverse - trying to impose my new eating habits on my parents. THAT will be interesting..
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!