should i exercise or not?

Options
i was really planning on going to the exercise room to use the elliptical tonight for an hour. but looking at my calories i just dunno if i should do it or not - i really dont think i could force myself to eat one more bite of anything..so i wouldnt be able to make up the exercise calories. but i really dont want my net calories to be too low either. should i skip the workout tonight or just do it and try to eat more tomorrow?

Replies

• UcallMeJay
    Options
    I don't eat my extra calories from exercise. Or at least not all of them.

Go workout if you are feeling it!
  • StaceyZombie
    StaceyZombie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Do it!!! One day of not eating your exercise cals won't hurt you....I have days like that sometimes too. As long as it's not a daily thing you'll be fine :-)
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    if you feel like you want to exercise then I say exercise and just don't worry about it. If you ate enough during the day then you'll be fine. One day or two a week below your net calorie goal won't hurt anything.
  • jenielee
    jenielee Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have this problem about once a week. I typically just skip the exercise or do it and eat a table spoon (or so) of peanut butter. (I'm a bit obessed with peanut butter. YUM!) It's not overly filling but pretty high on calories. And it's much better for you than other high calorie junk.
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Just do 15 minutes. That way you don't have to eat a ton more calories but you stay in the habit of exercising.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    I don't eat exercise calories either. You shouldn't if you properly find out your BMR, which includes your activity level.
  • smashmay
    smashmay Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    if you feel like exercising then do it. You will feel lazy tomorrow if you don't. Don't worry about eating all your cals. One day is not going to hurt you. ;)
  • UcallMeJay
    Options
    I have this problem about once a week. I typically just skip the exercise or do it and eat a table spoon (or so) of peanut butter. (I'm a bit obessed with peanut butter. YUM!) It's not overly filling but pretty high on calories. And it's much better for you than other high calorie junk.

Peanut butter is great snack. typical serving of 1 tablespoon is around 100 calories and it is high in protein.
    I eat some before I workout.
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    I don't log or eat my exercise calories shhhhhhh.....
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    exercise and don't eat them? you're full. don't force yourself to eat just to eat all your calories. I would be saying you should if you were starving but you're fine...just do your elliptical!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i didnt really want this to turn into a "eat exercise cals back or not" thread - i do it, it works for me.
    i was just worried about burning 600 calories when i only ate 1448.

thanks everyone for the ideas - i probably will go, just not the full hour and ill try some peanut butter afterward
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    Go work out and don't worry about not eating your exercise cals...I never eat mine.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I don't eat my exercise calories if I'm not hungry. I personally will not force myself to eat when I'm not hungry. I tried to do that when I first started and everyone told me I needed to eat them and I always just felt sick from making myself eat, IMO that can't be healthy either.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,326 Member
    Options
  • NanoReefDiver
    Options
    How about you up your calories tomorrow instead and exercise half the time? That would make for a great zig zag!