Finally Ready

vyper
vyper Posts: 3
edited September 25 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone... I've yo-yoed on my weight loss for the last 6 years... weight watchers, jenny craig, personal trainers... I've tried so many fad videos and weight loss products... I refuse to do the sugeries though. I could not figure out why it was not working for me... any of it. I finally discovered at the end of last year that what was wrong was not the products but me. I wasn't ready to do it. I kept defeating myself or saboutaging myself, if you will. I finally realized that I was my own worst enemy.

So, I faced up to myself and started to change things for myself. Throughout the first 25 years of my life, I was never bigger than a size 8, and in the last 10 years, I have doubled in dress size. It actually only took me 4 years to do it.... I've been battling to get back to it for the last 6.

It has been a challenge. With help from my doctor las year and a nutritionist, I've managed to drop over 25 lbs in 5 months. It has mainly been from just eating better as I have a hard time getting in the excersing. I've been dropping an average of 1 lb per week.

I just recently introduced bike riding (leisurely riding) into my routine.

What I really would like to say that since I found this site... it has been a great feeling being able to really look at what I have been putting in my body and it has really helped me. My hope is that between these two things (MFP and the bike), I hope to accomplish 1.5 to 2 lbs per week now. that should get me to where I need to be by Christmas.

Wish me luck!

Replies

• copperdave
    copperdave Posts: 146
    This site is a great resource for "seeing" what and how you eat. The support here is incredible, too. Glad to have you here. Feel free to "friend" me if you want, and good luck as you continue your weight loss journey!
This discussion has been closed.