300+ lbs with over 150 to lose

Options
I am currently 318lbs and have a LONG way to go. My final goal weight right now is 150lbs. There are so many people on MFP that have lost alot of weight, and I would love to meet some that are either on the same path as myself or have traveled a little further down that path. 150 seems overwhelming at times. I'm doing well now, but am afraid I will falter. Currently I've lost 13.5lbs and want to continue losing. : ) Looking for motivation and inspiration. I know there are lots of you out there. Love reading the success stories!

Replies

• Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I'm currently @ 603.5lbs (:blushing: ) but my starting weight was about 662. I've been on this journey since Feb 15th of this year. I know I didn't get this way over night nor will I fix it as such either. I know that if you stick with it, you'll reach your goal. For people such as us, just remember Rome wasn't built in a day
  • chrisc31
    chrisc31 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I try not to think about the end goal because you're right....it does seem overwhelming. I just keep looking through the success stories and when I see the folks that have lost 100+ pounds, it keeps me motivated. As long as I'm seeing a steady loss, I've been able to stay on track. I lost 67 pounds in the past and I remember how good I felt when all of my clothes were too big. I want to get back to that feeling! But then I got pregnant and now that my daughter is about to be 4 in a few months, I can't really blame it on the "baby" anymore. ;)
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal is to lose a little over 100lbs, if I can. At my fittest, I was in the 160s and would love to get back there. That was 8 years and 2 kids ago! I believe that I will be pleasantly surprised with my new body WHEN I hit my goal! And I know YOU will be too, WHEN you hit your goal!!

Here for you!
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    I am on the same journey as you! I have over 250+ lbs to lose! there is awesome support on here! we can do it!

@Gary - wow what an ispiration you are! i think it is awesome that you are on here and you are sharing your journey!! Good luck to everyone!!!

:happy:
  • LadyScarlett77
    Options
    Gary, WOW, what progress you have made! Very impressive! ChrisC, girl, I have twin girls that will be 4 years old in August and believe me, the baby weight thing, yeah, stops working after a while. I actually lost weight while I was pregnant because I took much better care of myself while carrying my daughters than I did taking care of just me. Now I realize as a Mom I have to take care of me because if I don't it will end up hurting them the most in the end. Thank you both for responding! You both are an inspiration!
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support and I'll be glad to support or motivate everyone on here that would like me to do so. Send me a friend request and I'll be glad to chat anytime. :bigsmile:
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Well I will just say to you that you CAN & WILL do it if you just follow the process, are honest, and try your hardest to do the best you can every single day! Trust MFP, I did, and I am at 102 pounds gone and have never felt this good in m life! Even though I still have a bit to lose I have never been this fit! Stick with it! I know it seems like a long journey but it is a journey that is worth every day!
  • Mountain_woman
    Mountain_woman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Yes! And make mini goals for yourself. Aim for 10lbs at a time. It's more obtainable. That way instead of feeling frustrated that you haven't lost 60lbs RIGHT NOW, you can cheer for 10lbs which is a great accomplishment as well. You can do it! MFP is here to help and support. Rock it mama, kick some scale!
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    im with ya too! I am going for a total loss of 133.6 lbs. My first goal is 100 lbs though! It's an every day struggle, but so worth it! Keep your chin up and friend me if you wish for support!! :happy:
  • GonnaDoItJenn
    GonnaDoItJenn Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I am another one too! I started this journey on 2/14 and had 112 lbs to lose. I love being her at MFP and all the people I have met so far and continue to meet on a daily basis when I can get on.

None of us did this overnight and we can all help one another put it off for good.
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. my starting weight was 315 pounds with 170 lbs to lose. I am down to 193 now and I have a ways to go. But just today, I was able to fit into a size 24 pair of jeans that have never fit me right, even though most of my other pants are 24's. I am still wearing them to keep myself motivated. Heck I might even sleep in them. Please add me and we can work together to stay motivated. If I can do this so can you!!!!
  • tobitude
    tobitude Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am almost exactly in the same range of weight and loss goal as you, I know it seems like it will take forever but we can do this. The hardest part is starting and you have already done that so you can do this.

Feel free to friend me, and we can help each other!!
  • ResilientWoman
    ResilientWoman Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I started out at 352 thinking I had over 207 lbs to shed. Now at 268, I have adjusted my goal based on hydrostatic body composition testing. I only have a little over 70 more to shed to be healthy. That will have me at only 20% body fat at 192 lbs. Because of the training methods I'm using, Z-Health and Russian Kettlebell training, I now have dense muscles that weigh more but take up less space. I've gone from wearing men's 60 X 30 jeans to Women's fitted 22 dress pants - no stretch. I will likely reach my ideal body composition in another 7 - 10 months. Then, after another year of training past that, I hope to compete in Kettlebell competitions. When my health and weight goals have been reached, I plan to return to college and med school.

My daughter is 5 1/2 yo. She has known me as morbidly obese and ill for most of her life. Watching my dedication to improve my health has inspired her to become an athlete. She ran her first 5K at the age of 4.9 yo, she started strength training and yoga at age 3 and can deadlift a Kettlebell half her body's weight 400 times before breakfast. She is the only member of my family of 9 who is not growing up or already morbidly obese. She inspires me to continue to become my healthiest self and live my best life.
  • captnesshowdy7
    Options
    Lady, girl, come here! I want to hug you! We're in the same boat. I Started at 346 a year ago and I'm now at 271. I've still got 120 pounds to go but let me tell you, it gets so much easier as time goes on. Here is my email address if you want to chat, ok? :-) captnesshowdy7@gmail.com You CAN DO IT!
  • SweetPeaHoneyB
    Options
    Hey Girlie! I understand I have the same problem. I weigh 343.6 lbs and I need to lose about 250 lbs to get to my goal weight. I feel the same way you do but I realize that I have to take it one day at a time. My dad always says "How do you eat an elephant?" one bite at a time. That's so true. You might have good days and bad but you must not give up. One way you can do that is keep in mind the reason you want to lose weight. Mine is because of health reasons. I have to lose this weight if I want to live my ultimate dream of owning my own business. You can do it I know you can. Remember to love yourself and know that you're only human and sometimes we mess up but we should never stop trying. If you want to talk friend me or email me at AngeBakery30@gmail.com. : )
  • nixxy74
    nixxy74 Posts: 106
    Options
    Hi

I am on the same path as you I started at 303, I am struggling myself, so please add me I will help you if you need it.

Its really scary to discover the weight I was at and looking at the target goal weight does the same thing to me.Its a long way up the hill. I have high blood pressure and asthma so not easy at all. I have a dream holiday in july and I know im not a bikini girl yet but I will be using the gym (and then the spa) every day and swiming the 260 meter infintiy swimming pool the whole length every day. It wont matter what other people think I dont care if they comment.I know even on holiday I wil be doing the best for me. So in turn the best for my life.

I think having the encouragement of genuine people who are not negative in your life, who do not impose their bad health choices/opinions on you is helpful. Its a long way to 150 so im going for 170. But I have decided its not the target its the decison to keep going every day that counts. Best advice to you is follow jillian micheals from the biggest loser.I lose two pounds a week from just doing level one of the thirty day shred (even when not technically performed correctly)
    Oh and invest in a HMR watch its more acurate than mfp's guestimate!

You can do it. By next year me and you in bikinis! deal??? ok shake on it!
  • jaelwoman
    jaelwoman Posts: 81
    Options
    I'm here too! Though I wasn't quite 300 I was well on my way there. If it wasn't for this place I probably would have gotten there! I'll friend you - and everyone else on this thread for motivation!

Anyone interested in doing this as a group? We can come up with a kewl name and post together...? I know I could use the boost!
  • milissiaharriel
    Options
    I can relate to how most of you feel. I am currently 345 lbs and have a ways to go. I eventually would like to reach 180 lbs, but i figured i should start by trying to reach 250 lbs. Prior to this, I use to weigh 270lbs. I got married, had two kids and am now divorced. Through all of that hassle, I gained up to 375lbs!!!! I literaly cried when i was at the doctorsoffice and was highly embarassed. At that moment (February 11, 2011), I vowed to start losing weight. I joind this site and have been doing ok so far. I know I will need to motivation to continue as I will try to help motivate others to continue.

WE CAN DO IT!!! LETS GET OUR SEXY BACK!!!

5394289.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry. i said 193 in my post and meant 293...oops. Wishful typing i guess
  • DonaGail
    DonaGail Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Im also in this very large group..no pun intended.
    I have 150lbs to lose , at least I think thats what I want to lose, I may be happy at 100lbs lost, Ill know when I get there, I guess.
    I already feel a lot better with the miniscule (34lbs at last weigh in) amount that I have lost. so that encourages me to keep on trying. My knees are already thanking me!
    I am in no way deprived, I eat what I want for the most part. I know I will have to pay the piper if I choose to gobble up
    something high in fat and calories.
    I wish you luck and strong will-you can do this!
    Dona