Is there any hope for my tummy? *my gross belly pic*

Options
I feel like there is no hope of ever having a normal tummy. I have had two kids in the last 7 years and both were vertical incision c-sections. After the second c-section, they obviously stitched me up crooked and I have so much stretched out skin, from having babys and weight gain, that it hangs over. As I lose weight, it doesn't seem to get better. Anyone have trauma like this to their belly and have success or improvement? Is there any hope. It is such a confidence taker. Thanks :(

5583578285_4eef8d86e0.jpg

Should have mentioned, that I am 29 years old, 5 feet tall and weigh 185 pounds. Prior to having babys, I always had a round-ish belly (even when I was a normal weight in the past). I didn't get the hanging skin until after having kids. I only gained 15 and 20 pounds respectively for each pregnancy.

Replies

• stephjohnny
    stephjohnny Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    cant seem to get the pic to post
  • LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Your tummy looks a lot like mine except that I haven't had a c-section! If you find out how to get rid of it let me know :ohwell:
  • stephjohnny
    Options
    Ah ha! Got the pic showing LOL
  • kittyinaz
    kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    The IMG has to be in lowercase for it to show [img][/img]
  • Fat_Chopper
    Fat_Chopper Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My stomach looked like this when the weight was coming off... (actually it may have been looser). The good news is it's not permanent.

You skin will adapt as you keep loosing weight.

Read this (all of it).

http://www.bodyfatguide.com/LooseSkin.htm

As the fat under the skin disappears, the skin WILL wrap you tight again.
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    My tummy looks a like bit like that, I had two horizontal c-sections. I was fortunate enough to have doctors that did them really low, underneath the panty/bikini line.
    There is a little bit less of it, since I've been exercising but it's gradually going away. Looking at my mom and sisters a flat belly is not something that's attainable for me. You need to do cardio to get rid of the fat, strength training to build muscle, and Mederma or vitamin E to help with stretch marks.
  • gwendolynr
    Options
    it looks like your stomach is mainly suffering from stretch marks, which are very difficult if not impossible to get rid of without surgery. that being said, there are lots of creams that will lighten the discoloration. my mom (who had four kids) also uses this tool at home that goes over your skin with needles (she uses a one inch needle on her body but not face). it is supposed to even out the tone and increase elasticity. it seems crazy to me a little, but she says it is working, but not really in the amounts she would hope for. also, some intense ab workouts over a long period of time will help rebuild your ab muscles which will help with some of the pooching. generally after childbirth your abs get so stretched and broken that they don't hold in your organs like they should, creating more pooch then you would normally have. the things we sacrifice for our children!! god bless that you put your body through that and i hope they are grateful someday.
  • stephjohnny
    Options
    My tummy looks a like bit like that, I had two horizontal c-sections. I was fortunate enough to have doctors that did them really low, underneath the panty/bikini line.
    There is a little bit less of it, since I've been exercising but it's gradually going away. Looking at my mom and sisters a flat belly is not something that's attainable for me. You need to do cardio to get rid of the fat, strength training to build muscle, and Mederma or vitamin E to help with stretch marks.

I had the vertical cut because my first pregnancy was an emergency and this was the best option for getting my son out. Then, they had to repeat the vertical incision, because it was too dangerous for a vaginal birth the second time around for my daughter.
  • vininger
    vininger Posts: 14
    Options
    I can't see your pic, but I can relate to the loose skin. I've had 3 babies in the last 6 years (my youngest just turned 2). The stretch marks definitely fade, but based on my recollection of my mom's belly, I think I'm stuck with the extra skin. I'm hoping that with time (and losing the 30 pounds I need to drop to get back to my original pre-pregnancy weight) things will improve! I'm just trying to be realistic with my expectations. It's so hard to stay motivated!

Good luck to you!
  • stephjohnny
    Options
    not sure why the pic isnt showing now. was showing earlier and just all of a sudden stopped showing...