sabotaged my diet

Options
Soo.. I've been doing pretty good.. finally got over my plateau..and then came Saturday.. the 2000 calorie day ...where it should have been only 1200. I even went over my maintenaince cal of 1800 which is scary. And it wasn't even the food that killed me.. I did SO good at a BBQ we went to...even passed on the birthday cake!! ........ till night time and 3 smirnoffs later.. Who would have thought there were over 200 calories in ONE! I am so dissapointed in myself because I have been trying to be so careful and really strict before my sisters wedding this upcoming weekend... but for some reason I have been slacking off on exercising and now eating as the day gets closer..my mind and stomach are doing the exact opposite of what I NEED to be doing.!!!!

Replies

• LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Soo.. I've been doing pretty good.. finally got over my plateau..and then came Saturday.. the 2000 calorie day ...where it should have been only 1200. I even went over my maintenaince cal of 1800 which is scary. And it wasn't even the food that killed me.. I did SO good at a BBQ we went to...even passed on the birthday cake!! ........ till night time and 3 smirnoffs later.. Who would have thought there were over 200 calories in ONE! I am so dissapointed in myself because I have been trying to be so careful and really strict before my sisters wedding this upcoming weekend... but for some reason I have been slacking off on exercising and now eating as the day gets closer..my mind and stomach are doing the exact opposite of what I NEED to be doing.!!!!
  • SC74
    SC74 Posts: 33
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over it. We all slip up and as the old saying goes, there's no use crying over spilt milk. Now you need to tell yourself that you're done indulging and get back on track!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    It's okay....drink lots of water to flush out the system and then get back to business.
    We all have days we indulge...the world won'[t end...just don't let a few slips turn into a run-away train.
  • lisabeavers
    lisabeavers Posts: 115
    Options
    i feel your pain. Last weekend my best friend went on vacation, and i went with her, in more ways than one.... then it was lunches out, and yummy snacks and not feelin like goin to the gym..... I rolled around in it for a full WEEK. yesterday, i resolved to get back on the wagon, eat right, track food, and go to the gym. Well, 2 outta three aint bad, because i had a run-in with cheddar cheese popcorn... and it won. So again, today, same resolve. i think it takes a few days to climb back on the wagon. As long as you don't lie on the ground too long rolling around in the cheesecake, i don't think you should beat yourself up over it. Get up, put the cookies and the remote down, and get moving. Put it behind you and move forward again. (Yes, i am saying this to myself as well as to you :smile: ) Good luck!
  • MoMG
    MoMG Posts: 11
    Options
    did you know vodka has only 70 Cals per oz
  • celverdi
    celverdi Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I completely understand. We through a get together last weekend. We also had BBQ, potato salad, baked beans with ham, and a custard pie. I also did very well during that day, but latter that night after all the kids were in bed, we all decided to have some drinks. Usually I try to drink rum and diet coke, but a friend of mine bought the alcohol. Lets just say the hangover the next day was not from the alcohol but from the extremely large amount of calories i took in the night before. Strawberry Acai Smirnoff Ice tastes soooo good, but is soooo bad for my diet! :drinker: :noway: :sad:

17569.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • LML79
    Options
    did you know vodka has only 70 Cals per oz
    oh really? I just typed in what I drank..which was Smirnoff green apple..which I had three of..and thats what came up
  • MoMG
    MoMG Posts: 11
    Options
    maybe flavored vodka has more cals
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    http://www.drinksmixer.com/desc1349.html

Go here, and look. YOu didn't do as much damage as you think you did.
  • Poison5119
    Options
    Sorry, not that one....

This one.....

http://www.calorieking.com/foods/calories-in-alcoholic-soda-twisted-v-green-apple-5-alc_f-Y2lkPTIyMjIwJmJpZD05MTUmZmlkPTExNTkxOSZwYXI9.html

You're talking about the Smirnoff Green Apple Twisted premixed soda-style drink (5% alc) that comes in 6-packs, right?

90 Cals each.
  • Poison5119
    Options
    Gawd :embarassed: :embarassed: I should just shut up, huh? They are NOT 90 calories. They're more.
    It's the sugar that cost you. 262 calories each. 90 cals for the alcohol, 162 cals for the rest (sugar).

But don't worry. Just consider it a 'cheat day'. You, and your body, will get over it.

Sorry about the mis-information.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    As I said, drink lots of water today.
  • LML79
    Options
    wow..reading these posts was like a rollercoaster ride! One minute I am kicking myself for all the calories..then the next I'm like...90 calories.. now that's more like it....then right back down to kicking myself LOL!!!!! Thanks for the support everyone.. I just can't stand it when I do stuff like this to myself... luckily today I am back on track..and walked for 60 minutes burning over 500 calories.. whew!!! and drinking plenty of that water!!!!!
  • Poison5119
    Options
    It's amazing the calories hidden in alcohol. What can you do about overdoing it in terms of alcohol.

Drink lots of water? Sorry, I disagree. The only thing that drinking lots of water will do is relieve any hangover you may have. It can't hurt (unless you OD on water, which is possible). Alcohol, processed through the liver, creates a form of fat called acetone, which is stored IN the liver. This acetone is used by the body when burning calories. It is the first form of fat that the body will turn to when it's time to burn, so TOO MUCH ALCOHOL is not a good thing. The thing to remember about this chemical process is that you really have to drink a LOT of PURE alcohol EVERY DAY in order to sabotage your weight loss efforts. If you put 60 calories worth of acetone on your liver (One drink), or 180 calories worth (3 drinks), most certainly your body will burn those off easily and quickly in the course of an average day. But if you drink several drinks a day and are not active, you will of course be fat, because your body will not burn fat calories, but rather ACETONE calories.

The damage done was in the sugar content of these Smirnoffs, and water will not rinse that away. An extra half hour in the gym, however, will.