BMR + exercise calories

Options
So according to our BMR calculator, My BMR is 1,201 calories.
My daily caloric intake should be (according to MFP) 1,270.

I have read that MFP adjusts the amount of calories you should eat according to your lifestyle and then factors in a defict to encourage weight loss. I have an active job (I am a waitress) but I don't work every day of the week so on days I am off (four days in a row this week) in theory I am consuming more calories than I am burning.

Right?

Replies

• sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    So according to our BMR calculator, My BMR is 1,201 calories.
    My daily caloric intake should be (according to MFP) 1,270.

I have read that MFP adjusts the amount of calories you should eat according to your lifestyle and then factors in a defict to encourage weight loss. I have an active job (I am a waitress) but I don't work every day of the week so on days I am off (four days in a row this week) in theory I am consuming more calories than I am burning.

Right?
  • ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    your bmr is the amount of calories you would burn if all you did is lay in bed all day and not move. you would burn way more than that on even the laziest of days. my bmr is 1550 but I wear my hrm and even without exercise I burn 2500 avg. a day.
  • aniebugg
    aniebugg Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi! Sounds interesting...I can wear a heart rate monitor and it will keep track of calories burned throughout the day?
  • tech_sarah
    tech_sarah Posts: 91
    Options
    Can someone explain what a HRM does in detail? Compare it to a pedometer? Thanks :smile:
  • tall_t
    tall_t Posts: 251
    Options
    Can anyone tell me where to get a HRM and what kind of price range do they run?
  • ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I use a Polar f6 hrm. It is a very good choice( most of us on mfp use either the f4 or f6). A hrm keeps track of your heart rate and determines how many calories your body is burning. it is the most precise way to track calories spent. Two people can do the exact same excercise for the exact same amount of time and burn a different amount of calories. It all depends on how hard your heart has to work to do the job. The healthier your heart is, the less it has to work, so you will burn less calories than an unhealthy person.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Search the forums for HRM or for heart rate monitor and you'll see dozens of posts with the same questions you've asked plus many more.