Help with Wii Zumba

Options
After waiting 2 months my Wii Zumba finally arrived. I woke up early this morning desperate to try it out and sadly i was abit disapointed. Maybe it's just me but i find it really hard to follow, i think it's the graphics. By the time i've worked out what i'm meant to be doing it's moved onto the next move. So i guess what i want to know is does anyone else have this problem or am i just totally uncoordinated? I'm going to keep trying though cause even just trying to keep up with it worked up a good sweat so i'm sure it'll be great when i've worked it out :)

Replies

• _LA_
    _LA_ Posts: 111
    Options
    I have never played Wii Zumba, but that's exactly what regular Zumba is like for a lot of people getting started!! I say stick with it! In a week or two you'll probably feel like an old pro :)
  • LauraB327
    LauraB327 Posts: 17
    Options
    I completely agree!! I was psyched to get it- but got discouraged almost instantly- the intro doesn't really do the best job and when I started the workout I was LOST!!! My legs were killing me after the first 5-10 min.. so even though I probably look like a fool and get frustrated, I know it'll prob work if I stick with it!!
  • CB117
    CB117 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Stick with it, you will get there :-) same with regular zumba class takes a bit to get into the rythm but once you get going you won't notice you are exercising! it is the same with any new exercise working different muscle groups - although your legs will be sore - you will be smiling afterwards. I played it last night after a Zumba party night and loved the game, will be playing again today. Music is infectious.
  • shulaw
    shulaw Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    ive not had that problem i did an hour of it when i first got it and loved it ...though our living room is really small so i kept hitting hubby when i flung my arms about lol stick with it it will get better once youve found your groove :)
  • jazzminx
    jazzminx Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Stick with it. I was the same way and it does get easier once you start learning the routine.
  • punkinbeanie
    Options
    if you do the "classes" on the Wii its not bad the other stuff may take a while
  • monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'll have to keep trying it as well. I received it as a Christmas gift and haven't really played much at all. I also found it really hard to follow - sad thing is I KNOW I'm uncoordinated and I still got discouraged. I'm glad this question got asked! :)
  • cmor2005
    cmor2005 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have never played the Wii Zumba, but I do Zumba at home. I have the Cardio Party one. I think it is a lot of fun. I use to be a dancer in my skinny days back in junior high and high school so i catch on quickly. I think it all just depends on the person. Don't give up. Keep working on it. You'll pick it up quicker eventually and won't struggle at all. Every person is different. Good luck to you and I hope it works out for you. I know I have felt a difference already and I've only done it 3 times.
  • LovelyTina06
    Options
    I love zumba i have all the games and dvds. The games are a bit harder
  • stephiisings
    stephiisings Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba game for the kinect, it kind of does the same thing. I just try to do my best and keep up a bit. I break a sweat and get to laugh a bit at my stumbles. Since the games use specific sensors, they can't follow every EXACT move. You're probably doing fine! The game just doesn't get it. lol
  • giraffeprincess
    giraffeprincess Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have the wii zumba as well, and I agree I was so excited for it because I love zumba and i reckon it's an awesome workout.
    But i guess we have to stick with it and see what it brings : )