Hello Everyone!

Options
Hi! My name is Angie and I'm a chef. I live in Arizona. I was chubby when I was little. I was called names a lot when I was in elementary school. So I kept eating and eating. When I started high school got even bigger. I was made fun too and I became depressed. I never told anyone how I felt so I ate a lot too hide what I was feeling. I felt so alone. I found out that I'm an emotional eater and I eat when I'm bored. I find myself being hungry at night. So, I would eat what ever I could get my hands on. Now I've topped off at 433.6 lbs and I'm ready to lose the weight. But now I realize that I need to do something about my weight. I'm tired of being out of breath when I walk far or go up the stairs. And my back and feet starts hurting if I stand on my feet too long. Since I'm a chef I have to be on my feet for many hours.

Replies

• tcsteeves
    tcsteeves Posts: 59
    Options
    Hello, my name is Tedra. Welcome!
  • AmyB2011
    AmyB2011 Posts: 48
    Options
    Hello, my name is Amy. Welcome to the site and good luck on your journey. You can do this! :smile:
  • father5
    father5 Posts: 69
    Options
    Hi Angie, Welcome to MFP. I believe if you stick to your calorie intake and do some exercise you can lose some weight. I have lost over 30 lbs since Jan. 2011. I am at a weight that I haven't been at for over 30 years. BTW I'm 47. If I can do this I have no doubt you can to. You being a chef caught my eye, since I have a 17 year old daughter who is wanting to be a chef. Also with a name like "SweetPeaHoneyB" who couldn't love a person with that name. Welcome!
  • kbeach08
    kbeach08 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! :D
  • daveshoneybun
    daveshoneybun Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Linda, i've struggled with my weight all my life up and down, but now i'm a bigger than i've ever been, I want to get my weight off so I can do things with my 2 year old granddaughter. Good luck on your journey, Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like.