Hello there

bjam1234
bjam1234 Posts: 75
edited September 25 in Introduce Yourself
Hi guys,

Im Bridget and I am hoping to loose 21kg overall - but first I am going to aim for 5kg (to get down to 70kg flat) and after that if I got to 60kg i would be soo happy! This site makes working out calories so easy!

I am trying a 12wk eating plan from "weighitup" right now - although I am a little hesitant just now as entering my calories it seems to think there are not enough (MFP is telling me min 1200 and I am coming in at more like 1000 or today was 600 as it was a "cleansing" day = breakfast and 2 meals of soup) - so I think I may need to make use of the "snack" options more than I have been... anyway, I am almost 2wks in and enjoying the food and feeling a lot better so its so far so good :)

I look forward to meeting you and comparing notes!

Bridget

Replies

• Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 854 Member
    Hi Bridget. I've been here about a month, and for the first time ever, I'm enjoying the process. I am finding this site, fun, easy, and full of people willing to help any way they can. But I must say....you aren't eating enough. 1000 calories isn't enough, and 600 REALLY isn't enough. Plus, if you exercise, you should eat those calories that you have earned. Your body is going to think it's starving and is going to hang on to everything. Plus, I don't see how you can maintain that and not jump right into a binge of some sort. If you ask around on this site...everyone will tell you to eat the 1200, plus your exercise calories. It will work better, and i think you will be happier. It will be easier to stay on track.
    Good luck! We are all here for you.
  • bjam1234
    bjam1234 Posts: 75
    thanks swykes - yeah - I have realised that reading all the posts on here! And must admit that having almost exclusively stuck to the diet I am surprised that I have stayed the same wgt (75kg) for the better part of this week, where I lost 3kg (probs water wgt, but exciting none the less :D) in a week and a half to begin with

anyway, I am now trying to add up foods so I hit my minimum 1200 cals and to be honest I am finding it really hard to make them up!!! I have put in what I think are three good meals for the day and two snacks (celery with PB and cauliflower mash left over from dinner) and still have 300cals to work in!!! I am also finding that I am not hungry at all today which makes eating extra snacks less enticing, but this is perhaps because I dropped my cals too low over the weekend, so I am going to eat anyway this week and see how I go.

btw if anyone wants to comment on my food diary for today I have entered what I am eating in advance to add up the cals - not at my goal yet - would love any suggestions for improvements.

Bridget
This discussion has been closed.