New approach for me

Options
Well, when I first joined this site I really wanted to lose weight. I wanted to be 120 pounds really really really bad :laugh: I actually got there at one point, but looked really skinny and I wasn't happy with how much food I could eat to stay there! Since that time I've gone through some extream changes in my personal life and am now considering joing the Army. It wouldn't be untill later this year, around fall. Just in 1 month I've switched my focus to strength training. Sad to say I was going to the gym and working out alot, but couldn't do even one standard pushup!

Last month I changed my eating to not tracking, but just eating when I'm hungry. I already have strong self control when it comes to eating "right". I know how much and when to eat, although salt is a constant battle I fight with and somedays I do indulge :tongue: Since I changed my workouts I've gained a few pounds, but I'm not really worried about it. My tummy is flatter, I've gained about 1/4 inch in my neck, but lost an average of 1/2 inch on thighs and hips. Not to mention I can now do 6 standard pushups!!! Yey me :drinker:

I'm pushing my self harder than ever before, with my 6 days a week workout plan it is hard. I wouldn't say this is good for everyone, and I did build up to it! I do 3 days of cardio and 3 days strength. Being a woman it's alittle hard for me to not focus on the scale! I see I've gained 3-4 pounds but I've lost inches. No matter how much I tell myself this is a good thing, there is always that small voice in the back of my mind that tells me I've gained weight :huh: I try my best to ignore it but it's still there.

Anyway, just back on the site to keep my workouts fresh and conversate with my Fitness Pal's :flowerforyou: See ya' around

Replies

• WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Your new approach seems very much like a great approach. Not being a slave to the weight scale and instead becoming a friend of the measuring tape. Way to be. Keep it up.
  • fthoodbaby
    fthoodbaby Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Go to military.com and you can find workouts there to help you get read for basic training. You can find them by the specific branch.