New Here! :-) been given Xenical

Options
Hello, Im michelle and im 25 years old.Ive been over weight for pretty much EVER!!
I went to the doctors on friday and she prescribed me with xenical for a month and I will have to go back and get weighed.
Ive mainly heard bad things about this diet pill but the info I found pretty much says if you carefully watch your fat intake you shouldnt have the nasty side effects.If i know i am going to have a meal with over 18gs of fat in say for a family birthday etc then I shouldnt take the pill at that meal and If i have a fat free meal not to take the pill because it wont work.I have to find low fat alternatives on the foods I love.Im really interested to see how I get on!
I did weight watchers before christmas and lost at the most 4lbs and that was exercising every day and being really good, Personally with me needing to lose 136lbs I think that the weighed should come of easier at first as I have so much weight to lose, so will be interesting to see if the xenical will speed things up.
I live in manchester,england with my gorgeous son Joshua and partner Anthony.We have been trying for a baby for 3years with no luck and told that losing weight will help alot!
I will look forward to making new friends here and seeing your journeys!
Hope everyone is having a nice day!!
shell xx

Replies

• InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hiya. I've tried xenical - it was a friend's prescription and she didn't get on with it, clearly you shouldn't take other people's prescriptions, etc etc. But I did, and anyway, it was fine. There are the effects mentioned but the horror stories you've heard about being caught horribly short in public don't seem to happen. I only took it for about a month as that was all she had, but I did notice a difference.

Plus of course, it makes you think about what you're eating, as you're constantly monitoring the fat content of your food in case disaster should strike! So that's a positive thing as well: I found that that way of thinking stayed with me after the tablets were gone. I'd say just be careful, don't deviate from the doctor's instruction and eat sensibly, and you'll be fine.

If you want to add me feel free - always good to have friends! :flowerforyou:
  • shelldanielle
    Options
    thanks for the reply, I think I will only do them a month just till I get the hang of cutting fat, I think I will be more careful knowing about the side effects! I will let you know how i get on :-) x
  • tovi2503
    tovi2503 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi

How did you get on with the tablets, I have just been given them too.