almond milk!

Options
JAG1224
JAG1224 Posts: 191 Member
as suggested by others.. i finally tried almond milk in my oatmeal.. what a difference from plain fat free milk! i loved it. and it was only 60 calories for a cup! yum! thanks! if you haven't tried it, try it!!

Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I love almond milk!!!!
  • estepteau
    estepteau Posts: 146
    Options
    I also LOVE almond milk!
  • broadsword7
    broadsword7 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I have yet to try it but I will give it a whirl! I have tried and like rice milk. On my list to try are soy milk and also hemp milk, and now almond milk. Thanks for the recommendation!
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    After trying almond milk I never want cow's milk in my house again.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Now that you've tried the 60 cal version, the 35/40 cal version is very similar and in something like oatmeal you will not notice the difference at all. Not to mention, it will save you a few calories.

I just bought unsweetened 45 cal Chocolate almond milk this morning. I can't wait to have a reason to try it.
  • donbogi67
    donbogi67 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Recently, a peep told me to mix my Whey Protien with Almond Milk and crushed ice....it is awesome! Try it!!!

Cheers!
    DonnieB
  • cast59
    cast59 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I live on almond milk. cow's milk not required any longer. Soy and hemp milk save your time and money. Almond milk is the way to go!!!
  • Shrinking_Xtina
    Shrinking_Xtina Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • krisvtx8777
    krisvtx8777 Posts: 163
    Options
    After trying almond milk I never want cow's milk in my house again.

Me too!!
  • DiscoveringDena
    Options
    This is my new discovery and I <3 it! I use the Blue Almond Diamond Breeze Unsweetened Almond Vanilla and it's only 40 cal a cup. You will not be disappointed if you give this a try.
  • nancymmorris
    Options
    I love almond milk!! I get the unsweetened and it only has 35 cal in a cup!! Don't know how I lived with out it for so long. LOL!!
  • JAG1224
    Options
    Now that you've tried the 60 cal version, the 35/40 cal version is very similar and in something like oatmeal you will not notice the difference at all. Not to mention, it will save you a few calories.

I just bought unsweetened 45 cal Chocolate almond milk this morning. I can't wait to have a reason to try it.

oh i will have to look for that lower calorie one once i finish this carton. that's awesome!
  • JAG1224
    Options
    This is my new discovery and I <3 it! I use the Blue Almond Diamond Breeze Unsweetened Almond Vanilla and it's only 40 cal a cup. You will not be disappointed if you give this a try.

thanks i will have to try that! the less calories the better!
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    I :heart: Almond milk too! I use the 45 calorie unsweetened chocolate almond milk in my protein smoothies and it is yummy!
  • ♥AngelKisses♥
    Options
    AWESOME! I don't often drink milk but when I want it, the 2% milk that I cook with is SO high in calories!! I am going to have to pick up some almond milk soon. Does it have the same shelf life as regular milk?
  • seadog1
    seadog1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    How do you milk an almond?
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I make my own and its way healthier plus its live enzymes instead of dead, pasteurized garbage. Way cheaper too!! =))
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    whats its protein content? is it comparable to cows milk?

I saw it in holland and barrett but it was really expensive. If its good though and is got a good protein content i might give it a whirl
  • stephierue
    stephierue Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I just discovered this great stuff 6 mo ago. Love, love it. I don't like cow's milk. Tried the soy but didn't finish the carton. The Silk brand vanilla is my favorite! It's like a shake. When I want a desert I pour it over light ice cream. Where's this stuff been all my life?!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    just checked it on the database and it seems that for 240ml there is 60 calories and 1g of protein, whereas for skimmed cows milk for 240 ml, its 90 cals, but has 9g of protein.

If youre dairy free, then soya milk might be a better option unless youve definitely got your protein covered elsewhere.