Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I'm not on a diet and NO I am not a cheater!

2»

Replies

• I'm a cheater. Big time cheater every time I go over my calories, I am even known to giggle and smile at my boyfriend when I'm eating something I'm not supposed to (like an extra spoonful of peanut butter!) But I always seem catch myself in the act.... then have to pay my fines to my body through exercise ;) I don't use cheater in a degrading way, I consider the cut on calories to be a game!
  • It's a lifestyle.
  • katiejarr
    katiejarr Posts: 251 Member
    I have to look at it as a lifestyle, the way I choose to live is to eat 1200 cals a day and exercise 6 times a week for an hour each, this makes e feel good and healthy. If I want to eat more, like try a new restaurant with my husband or have a glass of wine, I do, but I consider this a special occasion, not how I eat everyday. I also try and find a healthy choice when I want (need) chocolate, Nutella has saved me! As I am now in my 50's this gets harder and harder to be at a healthy weight, so I also look at it as I need to do this for my health, I want to be around to enjoy my kids and eventually be a grandmother and be healthy...its a process and a journey for me.
  • Levedi
    Levedi Posts: 290 Member

It's seriously a shame that you feel bad that you have to eat healthy. I used to feel that way. When I was 14 years old in the 80's and on a diet- and felt that I could never, ever eat anything like cake or ice cream EVER again! That all or nothing thinking never got me anywhere! :)
    I'd rather have this issue- than some others- there are people who are skinny buy dying of cancer. I realize that may sound extreme, but if you think about your journey as a negative one- that's how it will turn out for you!

Bravo!!! Couldn't have said it better myself. I know a big part of my adult over eating was "making it up to myself" for the diets of my teen years. And if I think about this as a world full of food I can't eat, I'll just fall apart and binge. But when I can look at a cookie and think "I can have that. I just need to wait until later" whether later is later today or later in the week, I can totally do that.
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    my panties- btw- are not in a bunch for whatever anyone says- my point is that MOST people, NOT all ( I love the game that the one person said she plays with herself as a cheater, because it's used in a positive way.) I think that the word diet does mean what you eat and yes people who have celiac- I know a few, have to have a certain diet. BUT, no one that I know who has a celiac diet has ever been told by another person most likely "You shouldn't be eating that because you're too fat." and the problem I find with the word in the context it is used in that it's done in a negative . When people say , most people that is, that they cheated, what kind of feelings is it going to bring up? I've had weight issues for years, and to me saying " I am on a diet." is saying that one day you will get off of that diet- and that's why, I do believe, one of the many reasons why only 5% of people keep their weight off.
  • JigglyPig
    JigglyPig Posts: 231 Member
    I prefer not to use the words diet or cheat - I try to eat healthy and I have free day that I don't count calories. What bothers me more is people that really put themselves down for not sticking to a plan. One woman posted earlier that she was a "pig" yesterday. Another has a screen name of "Jigglypig". Why are they demeaning themselves and others too who may have a few pounds left to go. Calling yourself a pig implies others doing the same are pigs and that annoys me.

Hey! That's me! First of all, may I say that your weight loss is INCREDIBLE! I cannot believe your stats! That's one of the most inspirational weight-loss journeys I've ever seen! Way to go!!
    400+ pounds down to 170s...that's seriously incredible.

Second of all - I just wanted to clarify (thanks for asking!☺) that I decided on the screen name "JigglyPig" for myself because it's funny to me...not in an attempt to demean myself. My *kitten* and thighs jiggle more than a bowl of Jello balanced on Santa's belly. Until that stops, my screen name will continue to be JigglyPig.

Third of all, I'm incredibly overweight because I spent 25 years eating like a pig. I'm a porker. I'm here to change that. I never call other people pigs though. I have no idea how other people eat. Not all overweight people are overweight because they eat like pigs. I, however, AM overweight because of eating like a pig.. We're talking - an entire box of macaroni and cheese for a family of four, an entire kielbasa, and a dozen donuts in ONE sitting. Hahah now that's pig-like behavior. Obviously - this is a part of my past now since I'm trying to lose weight and change my lifestyle, etc.

So, calling myself a pig actually does NOT imply that I think others who are the same are pigs. Calling myself a pig implies that I think *I* am a pig. Calling others a pig would imply that I think others are pigs. Since my screen name is not "I'm a pig and so are you" then I don't think your assumption is very fair or valid.

Another thing you said is, "Why are they demeaning themselves and others too who may have a few pounds left to go." What?! I never demean others! How does MY screen name demean others? It doesn't even demean myself (as I just explained above).

Thanks for the support! ♥
  • JigglyPig
    JigglyPig Posts: 231 Member
    Ok so this was 1972- not 74, but can you imagine the horror you'd have following this-
    http://www.dwlz.com/WWinfo/old1972ww.html
    THE WAY IT WAS!
    These rules are just downright scary- and liver once a week would have had me running out the door screaming!

WOW! Ha! Things have certainly changed quite a bit with Weight Watchers between then and now! That's INSANE! Holy smokes..