women i need help !!!!

Options
i have always been huge chested......i have started working out in jan and i am addicted, the problem is i cannot find a good sports bra, i want something so i have very very little bounce....i have tried all kinds of stores and nothing fits, the few i find that fits are more like sleep bra, there is more bounch than a reg bra. i have been wearing a good support bra with a sports over it but it is just not working since i have uped my workouts, i am getting higher impact, want to start running........ any suggestions??? advice?? brands??? right now i am finally starting to squeeze into a 38-40 DDD or F, depending on how they are made.....(i have lost a ton of boobs already !! thanksfully)

taking any advice or suggestions please !!!

Replies

• bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who's really well endowed so to speak and when she started running she wore two sports bra's. :) Good luck.
  • WinKitty
    WinKitty Posts: 119
    Options
    ENELL! Google Enell, go to their website, take a couple of measurements and buy one. I think mine was almost $60, but they have promos all the time. The E-sized girls I own stay firmly, yet comfortably, in place, and it distributes the weight better. It feels great to run like a small-boobied person!
  • WinKitty
    WinKitty Posts: 119
    Options
    Did I say Enell? I couldn't say it enough.
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Champion? I'm fairly large (according to champion sizes XL:laugh: ) and these are the best sports bra ever! Something I really like about the brand is at the store (I got mone at costco) they list cup sizes and link them up with the sports bra size that will fit. Which is awesome because I didn't have to try on 3 sizes to find the right size for me. Also, if you are finding you have lots of bounce try one size smaller than fully comfortable to create that "squeeze factor" or wearing more than one sports bra.
    I never thought I would write a post on my sports bra choice but I fully understand the frustration trying to find a good one :blushing:
  • ambermichk
    ambermichk Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i tried champion, they cannot hold my girls...... i will try the enell website, i am willing to pay if they hold......thanks, anymore suggestion i will love to hear it !! doubling up on bras etc is just not working
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i've heard Enell is great. i have one that i got from Old Navy (had to order it off the plus size website though). it's a 3x and my girls DO NOT MOVE. i love it!
  • jonquilrose710
    Options
    This is kinda weird but I had a nursing bra that was for sleeping from the maternity store "motherhood" and that thing held the girls like no other. I would wear that one instead of my sports bra. I think its because it was so much thicker.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    sadly, my best bras for working out are "minimizers" I bought at Sears for like 10 bucks apiece...I am a 38DDD and they hold things down nicely :) I will sometimes wear a sports bra over them if I am wearing a tank top.

I used to wear champion when I was smaller but now have the same problem--they really don't give me enough support...maybe when I lose a bit in the chest?
  • GeekMomma42
    Options
    I bought a Goddess Sports Bra from Macy's (42DDD). Good support without the uniboob look. The girls were not squished like other sports bras I've owned. At first it was a little stiff - hard to clasp - but now, I can do it with ease. Washes well. Bounce is minimal, but I have no pain after circuit training/running. What a difference a good sports bra makes!
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I'm a 38DDD / 40DD, and I find that the Champion bras work well for me. That said, I don't do high impact stuff like running...
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    The Fiona bra by Moving Comfort. We are around the same size and this bra is a miracle! I never thought the girls would ever stay in one spot so well and it is actually comfortable to do jumping jacks in.