Newbie Newcomer

mason
mason Posts: 4
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all. New to the site. I was diagnosed with symptomatic bradicardia. It scared the crap out of me. I was slightly over weight and completely out of shape. I did not want to be 32 years old with a pace maker in my chest. My father was diagnosed with lung cancer and is now having trouble with fluid around his heart. I started exercising regularly and left everything else up to God. I have since then lost 23 lbs over the past 14 weeks. I am now back in shape the way I was in high school. I use this site to monitor my in-takes and out-puts. A complete lifestyle change.

Replies

• mason
    Hi all. New to the site. I was diagnosed with symptomatic bradicardia. It scared the crap out of me. I was slightly over weight and completely out of shape. I did not want to be 32 years old with a pace maker in my chest. My father was diagnosed with lung cancer and is now having trouble with fluid around his heart. I started exercising regularly and left everything else up to God. I have since then lost 23 lbs over the past 14 weeks. I am now back in shape the way I was in high school. I use this site to monitor my in-takes and out-puts. A complete lifestyle change.
  • dmd196
    dmd196 Posts: 11
    hey mason,

welcome!

i'm fairly new to MFP too. similar situation for me... i was diagnosed with lupus anticoagulant inhibitors. it was found in a blood test after my second miscarriage - other 'symptoms' are blood clots and strokes. my doc said that i'm lucky to not have had any problems being on birth control (even more of a contributor) for 5 years. i can't imagine being 29 and having a stroke ... positive thoughts... positive thoughts...

i joined MFP so i can establish some healthy lifestyle changes and get myself moving. the more overweight i allow myself to become, the higher the risk.
  • searls717
    searls717 Posts: 46
    Wow! That would be enough to scare the crap out of anyone. Great Job on the weight loss, you are doing great. Have you been back to see the doctor since he gave you the diagnosis? If so was the prognosis better?

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your dad. :flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    No idea what that is--but good to have you here!

Welcome.gif

Myself--diabetic and high blood pressure--BUT working on getting both under control.
  • mason
    Positive thinking always works. Keep working at it and only worry about the things you can control and you'll get to where you need to be.
This discussion has been closed.