Insanity Monthe 2=Plateau or Weight Gain?

Options
Okay, the beginning of march I satrted Insanity month 2. After the first week, I did not lose any weight. I was depressed because before, I was losing 2-3 lbs a week. I then started eating anything I wanted and did not gain a single pound. I started back on month 2 this past monday and counting my calories. I ate back enough caloried to meet the 1200-1300 minimum calorie deficit your body can have before going into starvation mode. I got on the scale this morning, and though my official weigh in is on Mondays, the scale said I gained a pound. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, what did you do or are doing to get the pounds dropping again? I changed my level activity this morning to sedentary to see if that will make a difference this week.

Replies

• beelouise5
    Options
    One possible explanation might be that your body is retaining water! Protein/muscle in the body holds on to more water than other tissues. When building muscle or starting a new fitness regime, most people have a few pounds of water weight gain at the beginning. With consistency in diet/exercise, the water is no big deal, and the body will let go of it and "even out" within another week or two. I know you said you'd already been doing Insanity, but maybe since you took a break from it, your body retained a little water after starting up again?