How many calories/fat grams in a communion wafer?

Options
Sitting in church this morning, wondering... I understand the significance of communion, but I wonder what the nutritional value of this piece of bread is? And do I add it in today?

No, I don't think I'm getting obsessive- but it did show me that I am SERIOUSLY paying attention to what I'm putting in my mouth now-
and THAT'S a GOOD THING!!! hahaha

Replies

• j_fattler
    j_fattler Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    on that note, do you count all the "stand up/sit downs" during the service as exercise?

If so, then the calories consumed during communion have been exercised off.

glad you're paying attention tho!:wink:
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    it's in the food database.

but honestly...you don't think that's obsessive?
  • chattygirl2
    chattygirl2 Posts: 103
    Options
    Not that put a smile on my face!! lol I love how your curiosity works!! A little obsessive BUT..... so am I and I see nothing wrong with that! I'd just say 2 cals and like the other person said I'm sure you work it off while your there!! :D
  • SLambertAlaska
    SLambertAlaska Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My husband is a minister and he says communion "food" is divine calories and they are counted as grace with no cost. We don't even count communion bread when it's actual bread.

And I agree that the stand up / sit downs of church burn off whatever actual calories might possibly be in there.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    I will reiterate- the thought wasn't a deep one that caused me worry- it was simply idle curiosity. And it made me rather chuckle.
    Like I said before, it did make me realize how often I have been able to eat things and be COMPLETELY OBLIVIOUS to it.
  • ohiomom2
    ohiomom2 Posts: 13
    Options
    funny, b/c I was wondering the same thing this a.m.!! Glad I wasn't the only one, and no, I am not adding it to my food today! :D
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I think it is funny. I was at work the other day and someone handed me a thin slice of cake. I took a bite, and spit it out. Someone said I was getting obsessed and that is like being bulimic...........

I said "No, the cake just sucked!"

:laugh:
  • florange323
    florange323 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My husband is a minister and he says communion "food" is divine calories and they are counted as grace with no cost. We don't even count communion bread when it's actual bread.

And I agree that the stand up / sit downs of church burn off whatever actual calories might possibly be in there.

Ditto.... GET OVER IT and focus on the sermon. SMH
  • tmdugger
    tmdugger Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHA I wondered this idly myself the other week. I am an Episcopalian and often serve as chalice bearer, which means I finish off the consecrated wine and host...I figure if drinking half a glass of port (which is what we use) I should consider counting it....but then again *stand*sit*kneel*stand*sit*kneel repeat they call it Episcopal aerobics for a reason