Hanging on to my wagon wheels..

Options
Losing_It
Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
Ok..so I fell off of it today...and got in the silly mind-set of "I already screwed up so why not eat EVERYTHING in the house". So..I went over my calories by 1200--UGGGHHH...

But one thing was different this time...(perhaps a turning point)..

I worked my hiney off tonight to get those calories back! I burned 1500 calories on my bike...and I'm so happy I turned it around! Instead of ending the day 1200 over...I have 300 calories left!:drinker: :drinker:

Replies

• Losing_It
    Options
    Ok..so I fell off of it today...and got in the silly mind-set of "I already screwed up so why not eat EVERYTHING in the house". So..I went over my calories by 1200--UGGGHHH...

But one thing was different this time...(perhaps a turning point)..

I worked my hiney off tonight to get those calories back! I burned 1500 calories on my bike...and I'm so happy I turned it around! Instead of ending the day 1200 over...I have 300 calories left!:drinker: :drinker:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Good job!

Do you ride a stationary bike or are you out on the road with one?
  • Losing_It
    Options
    It's a stationary that works your arms too...it has the IN Touch Fitness monitor that tells you Time/Distance/Calories Burned. I usually give up after 15-20 minutes but I kicked it's wheels today! :laugh:

I'm looking into getting a "REAL" bike" soon...any suggestions?
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! You took the responsibilty and took care of the overeating. NICE JOB!!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Very impressed!! Great job:drinker:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • shorerider
    Options
    It's a stationary that works your arms too...it has the IN Touch Fitness monitor that tells you Time/Distance/Calories Burned. I usually give up after 15-20 minutes but I kicked it's wheels today! :laugh:

I'm looking into getting a "REAL" bike" soon...any suggestions?

Any bike you're comfortable on/with and that you like and that you'll ride. Those are the key points. If you don't ride it, it doesn't matter what it is--so pick one you like and that you know you'll ride. Then, just do short distances, increasing gradually.

Just a note of caution too--be careful on the calories burned if you're getting that info from the exercise bike. The machines are notorious for being wrong on calories burned. You might want to invest in a HRM. 1500 calories is a huge amount and that would take me, normally, about 30 miles or more of riding my regular bike to burn up that many. If you rely on the machine to give you your calories burned, you might want to get some other numbers from MFP and other sites, average them out, and go with that.

I'd hate to see you working so hard and then not seeing results due to overestimating your exercise calories. It's very possible you did burn up that many calories but just be aware that the machines are not known to be accurate either. So err on the side of caution.
  • Losing_It
    Options
    [/quote]

""""""1500 calories is a huge amount and that would take me, normally, about 30 miles or more of riding my regular bike to burn up that many.""""

[/quote]

It was 37.5 miles on the stationary...I checked a few places and they averaged about the same.:smile:
  • shorerider
    Options
    It was 37.5 miles on the stationary...I checked a few places and they averaged about the same.:smile:

That's great! You should join our MFP biking group.