I want to eat bag after bag of chips :(

Options
2»

Replies

• dalzinho
    dalzinho Posts: 52
    Options
    Don't be daft, enjoy them. Fill your face.

Then haul your backside down to the gym and don't buy them again.
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I hear ya! I had this yesterday and I grazed and ate for most of the afternoon....and when it was over, I felt like crap. BUT I have to agree with the post that you need to get them out of your system. And then tomorrow, you start afresh. We all have bad times but as someone on here wisely told me, this is a marathon not a race. And when you get up tomorrow you can make a concentrated effort to have a good day, move a little more and perhaps deal with why you want to eat a whole bag of chips.

Like many others, I have found that I can't have food like that in the house. I also cross-stitch and do puzzles...it keeps my hand busy and I have to concentrate on them so I don't focus on much at the food in my cupboard that is calling my name!

Good luck sweetie, you will get through this!
  • emiskins
    emiskins Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem with chips, especially the veggie chips and kettle chips, so I just stopped buying them. I have not had them in months because they are not in my house. And it's just too bad for my husband & son, but it's better for them anyway. I would take the bag of chips out of your cupboard and pour dishsoap in the bag and throw them away! Then drink a lot of water to flush out the sodium and start a new day tomorrow! And don't keep any danger foods in the house! I am having a hard time today myself staying out of my son's lunch snacks.
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Sorry that you are feeling sad and beating yourself up about eating some chips or a bag of them. The guilt is not going to change anything. Enjoy the chips and then focus on making better dietary decision for the rest of today and aim to make tomorrow a better one. Learn something from this experience.

Hugs for you and good luck :flowerforyou:
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I may get hollared at for telling you this but...EAT THEM!
    Yeah I said it!
    Eat them!
    Go get yourself a nice tasty beverage, your bag of chips, find a movie to watch and sit down and watch the dang movie and eat the whole dang bag!
    I cannot have large bags of chips in my house for the same reason. I buy the multipacks of single serving bags so I get the satisfaction of the chips and seeing the empty bag when I'm done but I've only consumed 160 calories.
    Sometimes you just have to get it out of your system girl..so instead of dragging it over a couple of days and feeling down on yourself just suck it up, EAT THEM ALL, and then know that tomorrow you won't crave them, they're no longer in the house anyway, and that you will get back on track.
    Sometimes ya just gotta sacrifice today to have a better tomorrow. Good luck! :)

I like your attitude! Some days it really is just about today, and tomorrow is another one.
  • trapped
    trapped Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks everyone.