The final battle

Feenix
Feenix Posts: 5
edited September 25 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone

Amost exactly 2 years ago to the day ( something i have just now realised while writing this) I started my biggest fight against my weight. I finally realised that i was damaging myself both mentally and physically and i had to do something about it. I had always had problems with my weight, but 2 years ago i was at my highest, about 285 lbs. Higher than my scale would go.

Over the course of a year I managed to drop to around 16 stone and since then I've been hovering around this weight, sometimes going up sometimes going down. Even though I lost nearly 4 stone back then, I still have a long way to go. I'm still really unfit, I'm still far too overweight, I still haven't reached the point where I can wear the clothes I would like to. I'm not finished. I've still a long way to go. I've be half hearted trying to finsih the job over the past year, with very little success. Im very lazy, hate exercise with a passion and while I generally can eat well when i want to, I often overdo the treats.

Well I've decided that I won that battle 2 years ago, so I can win this one again. It doesn't feel like it right now, sometimes the toughest enemy is our mind, but it can be done. I'm tired of constantly having the "I must lose weight" conversation with myself. I need to shut that voice up!

So here I am, 2 years later almost to the day (that is so spooky). I registered here a year ago, but didn't do anything afterwards, so my reg date is old, but this is th e first time I'm actually using this site. This time I'm going to try and stay around.

So that's my (hopefully not too boring) story. See you all on the journey, let the battle begin

Replies

• nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    way to go! I know you can do it. I've just broken through my plateau and you can as well. Good luck and you have my support for sure!
This discussion has been closed.