What is sucess?

xXAlana21Xx
xXAlana21Xx Posts: 183 Member
edited September 25 in Success Stories
How do you personally define sucess when it comes to losing weight and being healthy? since everyone has a different goal; what is your personal definition?

Replies

• ari_27
    ari_27 Posts: 88 Member
    Success to me is being able to achieve my personal goals--whatever they may be. It's working hard enough and seeing the results, not only in the number in the scale, but also seeing the results that it has boosting my self-confidence. I'm just a much happier person when I accomplish things I set my mind to, particularly weight loss.
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    I, personally, feel that I can't ever start a post regarding any personal weight loss on this forum because I've had Roux-en-Y and some people here have made it very clear that they think of my weight loss as insignificant.

But I'll support anyone else's accomplishments. :-D
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    My success was not measured by my scale or measuring tape, I felt the most successful when 1 person told me I inspire them to get fit!...I have become very successful now!
  • ohnuts14
    ohnuts14 Posts: 197
    I try not to worry too much about weight loss. I want that to be an added benefit of trying to be more healthy. I want to be happy and I want to feel good, I don't want to be in pain and I don't want something as simple as walking to be difficult for me. I'm 22 years old, and I want to be able to dance and run and do all of the things I once loved doing. I've changed so many of my habbits, I've been eating healthier and more frequently, trying not to skip meals anymore, and I completely stopped binging, which was a major problem of mine since I was 8 years old. I'm about a year binge-free.

I don't remember ever feeling this motivated. I love feeling good, I love the fact that all of this exercise makes me feel so alive, and I can do so much more now. I can do stretches that I couldn't even get close to doing before, that I haven't been able to do since my days in balet and gymnastics. I feel good and I trust I will only continue to feel better. I'm not losing weight as fast as I would like, but I know that I'm trying hard, and I know the weight will continue to come off if I keep it up, but best of all, my efforts have shown positive affects on my health. I'm healthier than I've ever been; my blood sugar is almost normal, my blood pressure is healthy and average, my resting heart rate is 68 which I think is amazing for someone my size, and for some reason even my hormones have begun to balance out, and for the first time in my life my thyroid stopped slowing down. I feel like these lifestyle changes have changed everything and I love it. All of these little things, these are signs that I'm doing good, and for me, that's success.
  • I feel like this is a very good question and one not easily answered. I feel successful at making new goals! No kidding! I wanted to lose 10 lbs...then 20..and so on. Before I knew it, I'd lost 60. Then I wanted defined abs, defined arms, etc. I now have people at work talking to ME about their workout. People are asking ME what they should eat. I don't think I'll ever feel like I've succeeded completely b/c it's an ever-changing goal - something new to go after constantly. Two years ago, I would have said success for me would be losing 60 lbs. Not now. I think I've been successful at inspring people around me. I've been successful at loading my closet with new clothes. But I'm still striving..still reaching for more. I keep pushing success a little bit ahead of me so I can chase it and never ever find myself on the couch eating myself out of life. I'll chase success forever if it means I can keep this grin on my face when I see my accomplishments each day. Never settle even when you think you have succeeded. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!