P90X??

Options
Heard a few things about P90X. And feedback would be appreciated.

Replies

• BusyMomma2012
    BusyMomma2012 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It is VERY intense! But it seemed to really work while I did it!
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    It is an awesome program. I did it over a year ago and lost over 20 pounds. As long as you follow the meal plan and push your hardest you will get excellent results.
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I've never used it, but a lot of people here do. If you do a search for p90x it will bring up quite a few posts you can read through.
  • CardiacNP
    CardiacNP Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    first of all i am a beachbody coach. i love the programs and the supllements. they are not easy. you work, but you get results. I have been doing great with power 90 and will be starting p90x in about 1 month

i wanted to be sure i was ready for it. cannot wait. i love the results i have gotten from power 90

if interested ask away or message
  • mrsparker77
    Options
    I use P90X this program is EXCELLENT!!!!! I have just past day 30 and I have lost 6 pounds and 5 and a half inches!!!
  • gumby101ca
    gumby101ca Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    i think its an awsome program !!! i will be starting week 5, of my second round ( so actually week 17 ) . and love the resaults i have been having, i feel alot stronger and alot better. plus i have lost 44 pounds so far.. what cant you love about that ??
  • im2spooky4u
    im2spooky4u Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the program/meal plan, but I do the workouts. I have them in my workout rotation. They are very intense, I love them. P90X+ Kenpo Cardio & Interval Plus are my favorites.
  • FrodoB
    FrodoB Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm currently in week 7 of my first round of P90X. The workouts are intense, but you will absolutely get results if you follow the program.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    It's a very solid all around fitness program...it's more strength training focused, but also incorporates cardio and flexibility training. In my opinion, the hardest part for most people is the time aspect...it takes between 60-90 minutes every day. If you don't have the time to commit, try something else.

I've done three rounds (and lost well over 30 pounds in the process), but more importantly, fell in love with myself and with exercise. That's the best part of the program for me because I now can't imagine my life without exercise. I now do other home fitness programs because my life has changed and I'm committing part of my time to other endeavors, so I no longer have the time available to commit to that particular program.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I am doing the P90X Lean program...start week 7 tomorrow (Phase II, third week). It is the single best thing I have done to move my fitness and nutrition to the next level. I was doing the elliptical thing and using MFP and was doing OK in terms of losing weight (went from 243 to 217 from 11/10/10-02/17/11), but I knew that the elliptical would only take me so far. P90X covers ALL of the bases in terms of total fitness and there is a method to the madness on how it is setup. I do not follow the nutrition plan to the letter (plan on lasering in on that when I do the Classic program in early June), but I HAVE set up my MFP goals to match the macro nutrients of the Fat Shredder portion of the nutrition plan (50% protein, 30% carbs, and 20% fat) so I am close.

I have seen an additional 10 pounds shed during P90X so far and a lot of the fat has been replaced by lean muscle. I am getting more stronger and more flexible than I ever would sticking with the elliptical.

You have to take serious personal inventory of your schedule and ask yourself if you have the time available to do P90X properly. The expectation is that you do P90X at least 6 days per week (the seventh day is a rest day or a one hour stretch day) and as mentioned before, the routines range between 45 minutes (Cardio-X), 60 minutes (Plyo, Kenpo, Core Synergistics, X-Stretch), 75 minutes (strength routines + Ab Ripper-X) to 90 minutes (Yoga-X).

If you are willing to commit the time and keep pushing play every day and eat properly, you will see excellent results. It is worth every penny.

Feel free to friend me if you want to see my P90X posts as I continue on...

Good luck...