NSV: "You HAVE to buy that dress!"

Options
melaniecheeks
melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
Had a lovely afternoon of girly shopping with my daughter, - I have a wedding and a few other outings coming up, and she's singing at a cabaret do next weekend and needed something suitably glamorous.

We went to TK Maxx and tried on oodles of dresses. I was delighted that a UK size 12 fitted with ease, and in some cases was too gappy!

We took our haul to a less crowded part of the store and were making the final selection of definites and leaves: I had a black dress with geometric cream spots on it that would be a work dress, but I didn't absolutely need it. We were just about to put it on the "leave" pile when another shopper came up to me and said "You have to have that dress - I saw you in it in the changing room, it's gorgeous on you".

Wow!!!!!

Replies

• thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    That must feel amazing! That's wonderful :)
  • ashmo1785
    ashmo1785 Posts: 117
    Options
    that must be a great feeling having a stranger tell you that good job!
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!
    That was so nice of her YAH for nice people.
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Aww! I would have cried had someone said that to me! I wish more ladies would say such things to each other- we are way too catty

So, did you buy it?!
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • ahartery9891
    ahartery9891 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    That's a cute story :)
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    nice!!
  • thomalr6180
    thomalr6180 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I bet that would have made me cry. That is awesome that she took time to let you know. I agree that more people should be like this.

And guys. . . us ladies like to hear it from you too . . . hint, hint.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Of course I bought it! It was only about £25, and I already have 2 or 3 occasions when I plan to wear it. I'll see if I can get a photo of me in it and add it on here :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!