Who has lost the most weight?

Options
I am new at this, and absolutly loving it. I have to lose so much weight. I am just wondering who here has lost the most weight using this website?

Does anyone use anything else besides this website like Weight Watchers or South Beach or whatever?

Replies

• tall_t
    tall_t Posts: 251
    Options
    I am new at this, and absolutly loving it. I have to lose so much weight. I am just wondering who here has lost the most weight using this website?

Does anyone use anything else besides this website like Weight Watchers or South Beach or whatever?
  • gilthethrill6907
    gilthethrill6907 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well, I lost 70lbs. I don't really know if I USED this site. It's a good web site to keep track of your logs and seek advice, but I never really used it for anything else but a timeline.
  • tall_t
    Options
    That is awesome! 70 lbs!!!

Anyone else?
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Tam has lost 99 or maybe even 100 pounds so far and she USES this site.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/tamtastic

I have lost 50 using this site.

There's others who have lost more as well.

This site works--you don't need anything else, or any pills, or special food. That's the beauty of using MFP. You learn how to adopt a new lifestyle with new eating habits that will last for the rest of your life.
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Yes I think Tamtastic has lost the most weight here while using MFP. I have been using MFP since..March I think? And have lost 20 lbs..so it really does work!!
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I've lost 52 lbs in six months using this site only! It really does work!!!!
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    I've been here since October '07 and have lost 80 pounds and over 50 inches!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I think MSarro has her beat. His ticker reads 101 lost, I think, and I've seen others with higher lost poundage, but I can't think of who they are....
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey there...yep, I am down at least 99 lbs (hopefully hit 100 sometime this year!! :laugh: Stupid plateau!)

I acutally only joined MFP in Feb.

Before that, I was doing ediets (starting in Sept)..but while they give you a meal plan, etc...I was only really using the meal plan as a guideline for how many calories to eat and then using their food journal to log in my meals, etc. SO, after realizing I could do that on another site for free, I started searching and found this one...which is even better! I am doing the same thing I was before but with the added benefit of the message boards and a wonderful support system. So while I haven't lost all the weight on MFP alone, it has definitely given me even more motivation than I had before.

Good luck!! You can do it!!

-Tam
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Yup... MSarro has lost the most but Tam Tastic isn't far behind.
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I started here on January 13th, and have since lost 92 lbs!!!! I've been following the nutrition guidelines set up on here and exercising!!!
  • shorerider
    Options
    I think MSarro has her beat. His ticker reads 101 lost, I think, and I've seen others with higher lost poundage, but I can't think of who they are....

Yes but MSarro didn't lose all his on MFP--but I started the call to encourage him to take credit for ALL his weight loss regardless on MFP or not--I mean, come on! Anyone losing 100 pounds needs and has the right to crow a little bit! :tongue:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

Yes but MSarro didn't lose all his on MFP--but I started the call to encourage him to take credit for ALL his weight loss regardless on MFP or not--I mean, come on! Anyone losing 100 pounds needs and has the right to crow a little bit! :tongue:
    You're right so it's Tam Tastic!:drinker:
    *shrug* I don't know anymore... so many great motivators here @ MFP:love:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I really think a good question here to ask is more like "How many people have reached their goal weight using MFP?". Some people do not need to lose as much and others do...but how many actually make it to their goal and do not give up? Kudos to them!!!
  • shorerider
    Options
    I really think a good question here to ask is more like "How many people have reached their goal weight using MFP?". Some people do not need to lose as much and others do...but how many actually make it to their goal and do not give up? Kudos to them!!!

Good point!

That is true---and there are some who are trying to gain weight on here, too. So, meeting goals is much more important.
  • tall_t
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

To all of you who have lost so much. You inspire me. Thank you for answering.

Now, for those of you who have lost 90 lbs since January... how much are you losing on average per week?

I am going for 2 lbs. I am following the guidelines but I am losing more than 2lbs....

Are you noticing that you lose more too?
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I started here on January 13th, and have since lost 92 lbs!!!! I've been following the nutrition guidelines set up on here and exercising!!!

92lbs in 6 months!! WOW!! I didnt even reconise your new photos!! You look amazing!! How did you do it??