Do you eer have this feeling?...

californiagirl10
californiagirl10 Posts: 57
edited September 25 in Health and Weight Loss
Do you ever feel like UGH i am not made to be thin, I can't be thin ect... right now I am struggling with this issue, I feel like its going to take forever and I don't even know what I would look like thin, I wanna feel that feeling of being thin. So my ? is Do you have the feeling and how do you cope with it?.... Thanks =)

Replies

• Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Ive been the chubby one my entire life, only to have a sister who never went above a size 5! SO yeah I totally get it.

My goal actually isnt even down to the "ideal" for my height. I really just have a goal to fit into a 10/12. I WANT a 10 but will be OK if I fit into a 12, because then I can shop at 90% of "normal" stores.

I like my boobs, my hips & my butt and honestly I like being curvy!
  • I learned when I was "thin" that too thin wasn't meant for me...I didn't look thin I looked sickly. So my new goal is to look healthy. I am 5'8/5'9 and I want to get down to 155..before i was 133 and it was NO GOOD! I am Italian I need to embrace my curves! Not widdle them away to nothing! However, I need to not embrace them to the point they start looking like one big curve lol...;)
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    I know exactly what you mean. I used to think that all the time. Then there was a point in my life where I actually got down to what I considered my ideal weight! - 145, and now I know I can do it again :)

I think there is always that "You know you can do it, you just have to try" And must like the last time I got down that far, it didn't take me a simple couple of a weeks, or even months. It took about a good 11months for me to finally work myself down to that weight. But I poured over the scale and helped myself do it.

^_^ I know you can to. you just have to remember it's going to take a little bit. - I'm currently losing 61lbs, and while I hope I can get there by October, I'm reasonable and know it might take until December or Jan. of next year.
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    ive had the feeling my whole life!!! I honestly have no idea what I would look like. I try and imagine but its hard when you have never really seen yourself that way. I guess in a way I have just kind of got use to the feeling and I try and not let it get me down. If you let the feeling get to you it could be the one thing keeping you from losing the weight and getting thin. I have given up so many times in the past because im lazy and feel like its taking forever and I dont wanna wait. I refuse to give up this time but it does seem like another world away. good luck!!
  • Your plan is to lose -6lbs a week? How??
  • mangos4music
    mangos4music Posts: 126 Member
    i have always been big, thats how all the women in my family are. the men are lucky skinny little butts lol. but us women are some curvy *****es. so ya i completely understand. and i agree with poorgirl, for some ppl thin is too thin. im 5'1" and if i was actually like 120 lb like bmi charts think i need to be id look ridonkulous cuz my hips are naturally so huge
  • kaitlynsmom
    kaitlynsmom Posts: 140 Member
    I totally feel that way. I also have a younger sister that is like a size 4 and can wear anything and I am jealous. But I love having curves and boobs.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    I always had that feeling I was stuck in 150's all the time even in middle school...I thought Im just not a thin person inside...but hey it happen once I really believed in myself and never let anything get in the way...any one can be thin if their healthy enough! So focus and dont let the scale own you! I used it every month at first that way you see bigger numbers and want to keep going!
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Your plan is to lose -6lbs a week? How??
    lol thats what i said, are you doing coke?
  • WinKitty
    WinKitty Posts: 119
    Is your goal to lose 6 lbs. a week? Am I reading your signature correctly?

I feel this way right now. I am disheartened after busting my *kitten* harder than I have ever busted my *kitten*, eating properly, and the scale won't budge. I've been obese for over 10 years (morbidly obese for 7) and I feel like I am never going to get rid of this weight. I dropped 15 pounds last month, my first month, and now nothing. NOTHING. In fact I've gained back a pound. I feel like my body is fighting this and is better equipped to win the battle than I am. How do I deal with this? Not very well, in fact. Not very well at all. I'm trying to push through but really, very seriously, all I want to do is go eat a GIANT bowl of fried noodles. Sorry I'm no help.
  • your definately not alone in feeling this way, everyone does! I think susan powder was right (I also think she was 1/2 nuts too) she had infomercials trying to see her stuff back in the 80's, anyways she said you gotta eat, you gotta breathe, and you gotta move! and she was right about that much, keep eating, breathing, and shakin your groove thing and it will come!!! You are setting yourself up for failure, high goals so fast thats crazy! I myself have 3 small goals of 20lbs each! 60 lbs seems like alot to me, so I set my goals small! I already knocked my first goal of 20 lbs out of the way, now I'm 3 lbs into my second goal and then I'll be 200 even and when I conquer this one then on to my last 20 lb goal!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    How do I deal with this? Not very well, in fact. Not very well at all. I'm trying to push through but really, very seriously, all I want to do is go eat a GIANT bowl of fried noodles. Sorry I'm no help.

Me, too....and I'm down from a US 16 to a US 6...... but feeling tubby today... Those fried noodles sound pretty darned good! I think it's a lifelong shift, a long term shift that's going to require a big blinking mental change.
  • Court7898
    Court7898 Posts: 37 Member
    Your plan is to lose -6lbs a week? How??
    lol thats what i said, are you doing coke?

HCG. It's a wonderful thing.

Just stick to it lady. Everyone goes through a funk every now and then. Just look at how far you've come already =)
This discussion has been closed.