What do I do?? *Scale trouble* :(

Options
2»

Replies

• bordershelly
    Options
    depending on how tall you are isn't 136 pounds a pretty healthy weight anyway????????????????????????
  • SpazEMcGee
    SpazEMcGee Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    136 might be "healthy" but I want to be "healthy" at a lower weight. lol. I want to be back where I used to be, when I felt good about the way I looked. :-/
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Ok this highly entertains me to read all of this, No the DR Office scale may NOT be correct! Both the Analog scale you have at school (with the dial) the analog version at the Drs office, have to be BALANCED. A Nurse simply changing the location of the scale can cause a hinge in the sensor plate (or spring) to become unbalanced, the one you have at school can also become unblanaced by constantly moving. Digital scales TEND to be closer but are not perfect because people also tend to constantly move them (these have sensors too) or place them on soft flooring, or uneven flooring, ALL can throw off a reading.

I do agree though you need to pick one scale, one time of day, and stick with it.

You can gain/loose throughout the day by water weight alone not just eating or drinking. The Clothes you wear can add ALOT of weight, as can your shoes.

TMI Moment: First thing in the AM, after I pee, I strip down and weigh myself. I dont even brush my teeth until after this lol
  • JunkFoodJane
    JunkFoodJane Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    The first two fluxes are normal. Especially if you were dressed differently. My doc would weigh me in jeans with my shoes on.

Doctors scales are supposed to be the most accurate. They are supposed to be calibrated regularly. Not everyone is going to do this.

As for the dumbbell test- try to use at least two different weights. I had a scale that was dropping a whopping .2 pounds on me, and another that was dropping .2 pounds from every 5 pounds. Very big difference!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Doctors scales are only accurate if they have them calibrated on a regular basis. My doctors scales were out 5 kg. They weren't digital. I asked her to get scales from another doctors office, they were digital and correct. The doctor was a little embarrassed.

Whatever scale you weigh on, use it consistantly at the same time, after the bathroom and naked.