Exercise playlist

Options
I need a good list of songs to exercise to and keep me motivated..... Any suggestions? Im new here :)

Replies

• Shadowcasting
    Shadowcasting Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for new ideas, too. I have a lot of songs on my mp3 player that I thought would be great, but somehow they seem so much slower when I'm working out! Hate that! :)

There are a few songs that I hope come up toward the end of my workout to pick me up and push me a little more. I almost hate to admit some of them!! Jai Ho (*****cat Dolls) really picks me up. Cup of Life (Ricky Martin) does, too. SAD I know :)
  • ObsessivelyObsessingObsessions
    Options
    Well... Britney's Blackout & Femme Fatale albums...

and Pitbull's Toma.

Also, I like to throw Kanye West's, Work Out Plan in there to remind me why I'm doing this in the first place. Even if it's a lil silly!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I like the Nike 10k mix on itunes.
  • MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Whenever "Survivor" by Destiny's Child comes up on my playlist I get in the zone! It is like an instant motivator for me!!
  • LauraB327
    LauraB327 Posts: 17
    Options
    Today the "Thong Song" came on my ipod while i was running.. surprisingly it gave me complete motivation for the 3 minutes it lasted!!
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Try Ultra Dance 2010 or 2011, non stop high bpm excitement !!! Excellent for cardio !!!
  • ObsessivelyObsessingObsessions
    Options
    OMG!!! I forgot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Madagascars "I Like To Move It" always get's me goin!
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I found my perfect playlist after a lot of searching. The song that REALLY gets me going is called "300 Violin Orchestra". it's instrumental but it's so epic! Give it a listen :) "Hymn of a Broken Man" by Times of Grace is an awesome running song. I usually work out to Times of Grace, Alter Bridge, and Avenged Sevenfold. But seriously, 300 Violin Orchestra is awesome
  • Shadowcasting
    Options
    Today the "Thong Song" came on my ipod while i was running.. surprisingly it gave me complete motivation for the 3 minutes it lasted!!

OMG I'm going to go download that right now! :)
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I have all the songs from Dirty Dancing, plus a lot of Jason Aldean and Wipeout, Hey Mickey, and Johnny B Goode. I am pretty old, but I like the Old time Rock and Roll
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    P!nk: you're a pill
    Miranda Lambert: Crazy Ex Girlfriend
    P!nk: Guess What
    Cee Lo: F*** You (rated version; Forget You)
    Salt N' Pepa: Push It (gotta love it lol)
    Outkast: BOB
    Common: Go
    Cheap Trick: I Want You to Want Me
    Beyonce: Check up on It

Some of my faves, but to be honest, I can get down to pretty much ANY P!nk song, really gets me amped. :D Good luck!!
  • justevil00
    justevil00 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My three favorite songs right now, that I love to work out to are 1. Aqua's Barbie Girl 2. Chumbawumba Tubthumping (I get knocked down) 3. Laura Bell Bundy's Giddy on Up.
  • shedoesitproper
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the great feed back...... Time to get working on my get fit playlist :)
  • Shadowcasting
    Options
    Another song I highly recommend for inspiration (especially if you're running) is I Run for Life.
  • cmor2005
    cmor2005 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I found that rock music gets me going better than anything. My workout playlist consists of bands such as Trust Company, Theory of a Deadman, Tegan and Sara, Paramore, Muse, Marilyn Manson, Journey, In Flames, Flyleaf, Flaw, Fireflight, Dropkick Murphys, Crossfade, Candiria, Breaking Benjamin, The Black Keys, and Adema.

Techno music also helps or 90s dance music because its very upbeat.
  • stephierue
    stephierue Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    A lot of the Black Eyed Peas songs, Ciara & some of those Ultra Dance Mix compilations, although I edit a lot out.
  • shedoesitproper
    Options
    Im thinking about making a jock jams playlist too..... those songs get me pumped when I watch sports so maybe they will work for exercise too. ;)
  • aces_babydoll
    Options
    Ushers "omg" is a good one! : )
  • shopgurrly
    Options
    I recently created a playlist of something fast and upbeat

Pretty Girl Rock - Keri Hilson
    Price Tag- Jessie J
    Right Thru Me- Nicki Minaj
    Runaway - Kanye West
    Train on a Track (Maid in Manhattan soundtrack)
    Waiting for the End - Linkin Park
    Yeah 3X - Chris Brown
    I'm Coming Out *My theme song (Maid in Manhattan soundtrack)
    Mrs. Officer - Lil Wayne
    Bahm Bahm - Keri Hilson
    Breaking Point - Keir Hilson
    What Are Words - Chris Medina

... and steady adding
  • shedoesitproper
    Options
    Love it. thank you. :)